Part 3: New Roommate

"Where the hell are you?" I mumbled to myself as I searched for my keys in my book bag.

"Hey, Y/N!" I looked up and see Jordan walking towards me. His smile was wide,  almost reaching the corner of his eyes. He had a great smile, one that made others smile too.

"Hey Jordan," I smiled back. "What's up?"

"I was hoping I'd catch you before you'd leave," he said, the smile still not leaving his lips.

"I might be here a while. I can't seem to find my keys." I started taking a couple of books out of my bag and placed them on the top of my car, hoping I'd have better luck finding my keys.

"Well, I wanted to see if you had any plans Friday night." My hand immediately froze and my heart stopped.

Did he just ask me out on a date? I thought to myself.

"I want to take you out for some pizza and go bowling afterwards," he smiled.

Yup! Definitely a date.

I had never been asked out on a date before and this definitely came out of nowhere. I never knew he had an interest in me. Maybe going out with him on one date would be fun. Who knows what could happen?

Jordan started to get nervous as I still hadn't said a word. Just when I was about to give him an answer, my phone rang.

"Hold on to that thought," I said before I grabbed my phone from the back of my pocket. Asher's picture was displayed as my phone kept ringing. "Hey, Ash."

"Umm, hi," a girl's voice echoed from the other line.

"Who's this?" Jordan's right eyebrow quirked up, getting suspicious as I was.

"I'm sorry, I found your friend passed out on a bench at the park. It seems like he's being drinking. He reeks alcohol." I let out a frustrated sigh, completely annoyed Asher had once again skipped school to drink.

"What park is he at?"

Jordan looked more confused and concern at the same time.

"The one about three blocks from Beverly Hills High School. Do you know where that is?" She asked.

"Yes, I'm actually just leaving the school. I'll be there in a couple of minutes. I appreciate you calling me and letting me know. Thank you."

"No problem. Can I say one more thing?"

"Umm, sure."

"As someone who's a recovering alcoholic, your friend needs some help. Try and get that for him. Help him get the help he needs before he does something more stupid than passing out drunk in a park."

My eyes filled up with tears knowing she had a point. Asher has been struggling for weeks now and I still couldn't figure out a way to help him. I didn't know who else to ask. My parents' business trip got extended. Coach Barker isn't exactly talking to Asher, nor are his friends. Asher has no one else but me, and I didn't know how to fix the broken pieces. No matter how much tape and glue I use to try and help him.

Jordan placing his hand on my arm pulled me out of my thoughts, reminding me I'm still on the phone with a complete stranger.

"I know. Again, thank you. I'll be right there," I said before hanging up on her.

"What's wrong?" Jordan asked.

"Nothing," I said as I finally found my keys and unlocked my door.

"Is there anything I can to help?"

How was it easy for him to help me, but not his so-called best friend? He hasn't even bothered to check up on Asher since he's skipped school. I get Jordan is mad for everything Asher has done, lying and hiding about sleeping with Olivia, the homecoming show he gave, and giving an opposing team our plays out of spite for getting suspended from the football team.