Part 2: I Love You - Part 2 (Asher Adams)

"I'm comin'!" I rushed down the stairs as the knocking on the front door grew louder by the second. I quickly peeked through the peephole and saw my best friend looking very anxious. I quickly unlocked the door and swung it open. "Ash-"

"I'm sorry I didn't call or text you, but I just really need you right now," he said as he shoved his hands down his front jean pockets. His voice was laced with fear and his eyes were filled with worry. Asher has always known to be strong and not show any sign of weakness. It would ruin his reputation, but it was clear whatever was bothering him was starting to take a toll on him.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I gestured him to come inside. "What happened?"

"Are your parents home?" He asked. I shook my head. He grabbed my hand and led me to my living room couch. He sat down and pulled me down. As I sat across from him, he began to fidget with his fingers. He bit his bottom lip before he ran his hand through his hair. Then, his leg began to shake up and down. These were all his signs of nervousness.

I placed my hand on his leg, stopping it from bouncing. He looked at me as I said, "Talk to me."

He let out a deep sigh. "I screwed up."

"How?"

"Lately, I feel like I'm slowly losing Leila," he started. I removed my hand from his leg as my heart ache.

Of course this is about his girlfriend, I thought to myself.

"Spencer seems to be going after my girl and she's definitely showing signs that she's interested, and I don't know how to stop it from happening, Y/N."

I swallowed hard, not knowing what to say.

"I mean, I know I'm a shitty ass boyfriend-"

"No, you're not," I immediately interrupted him. I've seen the thoughtful gifts he would give her, the flowers, box of chocolates, random love notes in her locker, and the occasional stuffed teddy bear. He had his sweet moments with her. "You're a good guy and a good boyfriend."

He shook his head. "I'm not."

"Why do you think you're not?" I asked.

He bit his lip before he spoke. "I just got back from seeing Olivia..." he trailed.

I wasn't sure where he was going with this, but it made my heart race out of fear. Did he cheat on Lelia? Does he suddenly have feelings for the coach's daughter?

"There's something I haven't told you - or anyone else for that matter." The sound of my heart beat seemed to get louder in my eardrums. "Only Olivia knows because she was there."

"Okay..." I whispered, too scared to talk.

He grabbed my hand and squeezed it tight. I knew something bad was about to happen.

"There was this one night. There was some drugs and alcohol involved, and one thing led to another..." he trailed. My eyes began to well up with warm tears as I realized exactly what he was telling me.

"Why are you telling me this?" I whispered.

"Because I'm freaking out! I'm scared of losing Lelia to Spencer and I just need my best friend to help me fix this and tell me everything is going to be okay."

I shook my head as I stood up. I quickly turned around and wiped the tears that fell in the process. "I can't help you with this," I said as I walked towards the door.

"What? Why?" He asked in disbelief.

"Because you are so stupid," I said with anger.

"Y-N-"

"I love you, Ash," I immediately confessed as I turned around to look at him.

"I love you, too, Y/N," he said as he walked towards me.

I shook my head. A tear escaped from the corner of my eye as I realized he's never going to love me back the way I love him. "No, Ash. I'm in love with you."

"Oh..." he said quietly.

I don't know what I was expecting, but 'oh' was not it. It was one word. One syllable. Two letters. Anger washed over me as I twisted the doorknob open. "I think you should leave, Ash."

Asher reached for my hand, but I pulled back and shook my head. "The Asher I know wouldn't have done this. He wouldn't have cheated on the girl he loves. So, you might feel like you're losing Leila, but I can tell you right now, you lost me. Get out."

"No," he mumbled as he shook his head. Tears were starting to well up in his eyes.

"I said get out!" I yelled louder than I expected. Asher stumbled backed, taken by surprise by my outburst. I had never acted this way towards him. Of course I wouldn't have. I was in love with him.

Asher swallowed hard before he quietly walked towards the door. He turned around, about to say something, but I didn't want to hear it. I slammed the door on his face. I leaned my back against the door and slid down until my butt touched the floor. I pulled my legs to my chest and let out the sob I had been holding back. Crying my best friend didn't love me back. Crying I had just lost him for good.

A/N: I honestly don't know where I'm going with this. I just felt like this would be a great part two to the previous chapter after watching last night's episode. Let me know what you think and if you want more Asher imagines.

Also, I'll be posting gifs of Asher whenever I get the chance and find some. I hate posting a chapter without a picture, ha.