I'm In Love With My Best Friend (Cody x Reader)

Author's Note: Y/S/N = Your Sister's Name. I did this because in previous imagines where I've named a sibling or best friend, some of y'all have mentioned it was weird to read your own name. So I decided to let y'all use your actual sister's name or come up with the name yourselves if you don't have a sister.

*****

"Come on. Come on. Come on." Y/N whispered repeatedly as the phone rang. She paced back and forth in her bedroom, hoping her best friend would answer. "Pick up the damn ph-"

The sound of her best friend's groggy and sleepy voice interrupted her rambling. "Hello?"

"It's about time! Why aren't you answering your phone? I only called you like a hundred times! I could have been dying and-"

Cody noticed the nervous rush in her voice and rubbed this tired eyes. He cleared his throat before he interrupted her. "Okay, first of all I was filming all night and I just got home a couple of hours ago. Second of all, you're obviously not dying so this better be good, because as much as I love ya, you know I get cranky when I don't get enough sleep. Lastly, breathe. Just breathe," he inhaled and exhaled, which Y/N mimicked, making her feel a little better.

"Now tell me what's wrong?" He asked groggily yet genuinely concerned at the same time.

"I lied to my sister," she started as she finally sat on the edge of her bed.

"About...?" He trailed.

"That I had a boyfriend. I only did it so she would stop setting me up with all these guys she knew. I thought my plan would work," she continued.

Cody hummed, following along with her story with his eyes closed. "I remember you told me that. So, what's the problem?"

"The idiot decided to surprise me by coming into town without any warning! Now she's on her way here, because not only does she miss me, but also because she wants to meet my boyfriend of two months..." she trailed for a second, silently praying Cody would agree to the favor she was about to ask him. "So, I was hoping if you could come over and play the part."

Cody's eyes flew wide open. He heard what she said but he still had a hard time believing it. "Come again?" He asked, needing confirmation.

"I need you to be my fake boyfriend for my sister," she explained as she fiddled with the hem of her shirt nervously. "I promise you, I'll get you a gift card for Chipotle that will last you for at least three months," she bargained knowing Chipotle was Cody's weakness.

Cody quickly sat up, "I'm getting in the shower right now and I'll meet you at your place."

Y/N smiled widely. "Seriously, you are the best. Thank you so much."

"Hey, you know I'd do anything for you," Cody smiled back even though she couldn't see him. "What time will your sister get there?"

"She said she was about 2 hours away," she answered.

"Alright, I'll get there before she does," he said as he walked into his bathroom. "Hey, Y/N?"

"Yeah?"

"Don't forget the gift card," Cody smiled as Y/N laughed.

*****

"This is ridiculous," Y/N's sister said as she blew her bangs out of her face repeatedly, trying to keep herself entertained. "I'm starting to think you made him up."

"I didn't make up my boyfriend. He's real. I just..." Y/N trailed as she looked at her phone for the millionth time. "I don't know where he is. He said he'd be here, so he'll be here. He's probably running late."