Vegas (Cody x Reader)

"Y/N! I'm home!" Cody yelled as he walked into his best friend's apartment with his key.

"Crap," she mumbled under her breath as she quickly grabbed a protein bar and her pre workout drink in the kitchen. She knew what time Cody was coming back from his birthday bash weekend in Vegas and after seeing the pictures he posted on his Instagram, and the ones he privately sent to her, she was hoping she wouldn't be home when he got back.

Y/N and Cody had been best friends for years, long before Cody's career as an actor took off. She never thought she had feelings for him in a romantic kind of way until she saw the pictures from this weekend. Cody celebrated his birthday late with the boys around beautiful women who wore small bikinis that showed off their Greek goddess bodies. She didn't know how else to explain the sudden jealousy or insecure thoughts she had. She tried to fool herself into thinking that she was just worried another girl would swoop in and steal her best friend, but she knew she was lying to herself.

"There you are," Cody smiled as soon as he saw Y/N in the kitchen. "I called out for you. Didn't you hear me?"

"Yes, I'm sorry. I'm just trying to get all my stuff because I'm actually on my way out," she slung her gym bag over her shoulder and ignored the sad look Cody gave her.

"But I just got home," Cody's bottom lip pushed forward. Y/N looked at him and wanted to push that bottom lip back in because she knew she would stay if he kept giving her his puppy eyed look.

Suddenly, she was regretting letting Cody stay in her apartment until his house was finished because, even if she left the house, he'd still be there waiting to tell her about his weekend. Cody was in the process of building a new house just before the lease for his apartment was up. Y/N offered her place for him to stay until his house was ready instead of him having to pay rent for another lease when his house was just a couple of months from being finished.

"I'm sorry, Cody, but I started taking a spin class with Hannah and I'm already late," she walked right past him without so much as giving him an apologetic smile.

Cody's eyebrows furrowed. He knew something was up. She never acted this way anytime he returned from a trip. Whether it was a weekend getaway or filming for months in another state or country, she would always clear her entire day when he returned home to catch up on everything.

"Hey," he chased after her and grabbed her hand before she could open the door. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," she nodded, not looking at Cody. Instead she looked down at his fingers wrapped around her wrist. His fingertips were burning through her skin, sending a spark down her spine. She wondered how she never noticed that before until now.

She shook her head, snapping herself back to reality. "I'm really glad your back," she leaned in and quickly gave him a side hug. It was so quick she didn't even give Cody a chance to her hug back. "But I have to go."

"Okay," Cody said sadly as he watched her get in her car and drive away. He stood there for a few minutes wondering what the hell that was about and what happened over the weekend for her to be acting this distant and cold to him.

***

About two hours later, Y/N walked in and found Cody taking a nap on her couch. She could see the exhaustion on his face. She couldn't help but smile a little as she had no doubt he had a good time this weekend partying it up with the guys for his birthday. Her smile quickly disappeared when she realized he could have also been having fun with other women. Granted, she knew Cody like the back of her hand. He's not a fuckboy. He's the sweetest and most caring guy in the world, but like every guy on the planet they have needs just as much as girls do.