Part 5: New Roommate

I grabbed the ingredients I needed and placed them on the kitchen countertop. I pulled out the cake mixer from the top cabinet and plugged it in. I opened the brownie box and dumped the powder mix in a bowl before adding the eggs, oil, and water. As I turned the bowl with one hand and held the mixer in the other as it spun, my mind began to wonder to what happened last night.

"You have a visitor," Asher said as Jordan stood next to him with flowers in his hands. "I'm going to bed," he said bitterly.

Jordan watched Asher walk towards my room and slam the door. He quickly turned around to look at me, "is he staying with you?"

"Jordan, what are you doing here?" I asked instead of answering his question.

"Are you two sleeping together?"

"What does it matter?" I asked.

"It matters because I like you and I'm not gonna try and make myself look stupid by chasing a girl who's chasing someone else."

"Jordan-"

"Who knows if he's chasing someone else, Y/N."

I wondered if there was any truth to that sentence. Asher was heartbroken over Lelia and said he was moving in with her. Is she someone Asher is still chasing? Will he never move on from her? Would he ever see me as more than just a roommate?

"Hey," Asher's voice pulled me out of my thoughts. "I think the mix is ready."

I looked down at the bowl and he was right. I turned off the mixer and unplugged it. I walked across the kitchen to get a pan. I grabbed the PAM spray and sprayed some on the pan. I felt Asher's eyes on me the whole time I was moving around the kitchen.

"Here, let me help you," Asher said as he grabbed the bowl with the cake mix.

I held the pan as he slowly poured the mix at the center of the pan. "You need to kind of move the bowl around so it gets even," I said.

"Like this?" Asher said as he moved the bowl from one corner to the others, filling in the empty space on the pan with the mix.

"Yup," I said as I watched the mix cover up the pan. When the entire mix was in the pan, I opened the oven and slid it in. I set the timer for 30 minutes. I turned around to see Asher sliding his finger around the bowl to get some of the mix and licked it off his finger.

"Want some?" He asked with a huge smile on his face.

"I'm okay," I said as I turned around and took off my apron.

"Come on," he said standing next to me. I turned around to see a little bit of chocolate on the tip of his finger. "Have some."

"I'm good."

"You leave me no choice but to do this," he ran his chocolate covered finger across my cheek. I gasped as I felt the mix on my face.

"You did not just do that."

"Oh, yes I did," he smirked.

I held my gaze with his. I ran my whole hand in the bowl and then ran it all across Asher's face, instantly wiping away that smirk off his face. When Asher opened his eyes, he looked like one of the burglars from Home Alone after Kevin sprayed painted Marv's eyes through the mail slot on the door.

I burst into laughter. I wiped the tear from the corner of my eye. "I'm sorry. You should see yourself right now," I said between gasps.

Suddenly everything happened so fast. Asher wrapped his hand around the back of my neck, pulled me forward and rubbed his face against mine, smearing all the chocolate he had on his face on mine.

"Asher, stop!" I giggled as I tried to push him away from me.

"Nope. I think you need a little bit more over here," he chuckled. He moved his face to the right side of my cheek. I froze as his lips brushed against mine. Asher felt it too as he didn't move. His forehead was pressed against mine. It was happening again like it did last night before Jordan knocked on the door.

I looked in Asher's eyes and I wanted him to tell me everything I wanted to hear. I wanted to hear he loved me, that there's no one else he rather be with, and that I'm more than just a roommate. I wanted him to show me much he cared about me. I wanted him to let me steal his shirts, wrap his arms around me, and kiss every inch of my body.

"Y/N?" Asher whispered. "Why don't you want me to leave?"

Lady Gaga's "Million Reasons" crossed my mind. What if Asher already has a million reasons to leave and all he needed was one to stay. So, I gave him one, one I'd hope would make him stay.

"I need you," I whispered. "Maybe as much as you need me."

***

Author's Note: Since All American won't be back for a couple of weeks, I decided not to use last night's episode for today's chapter and use it something in between the mini break to give y'all more chapters. I hope y'all don't mind.

Also, I had to put the Lady Gaga reference because I saw her last weekend in Vegas and her concert was INSANE!