Bedtime Story (Theo X Reader)

Y/N walked into the nursery with her 8-month year old baby in her arms. The baby girl, Stella, was wrapped in a duck towel, and her wet hair was covered with a duck face hoodie. Stella giggled before putting her small fist in her mouth.

"Let's get you in your jammies," Y/N smiled as she put her on the changing table. She quickly put on a diaper and the pink onesie with little white hearts on. "Are you ready for bed?" Y/N asked as she bopped her little button nose.

"Perfect timing," Theo said as he walked in the room at the same Y/N asked Stella. "Daddy is ready for a bedtime story." He smiled as he reached for Stella and carefully held her in his arms.

Y/N smiled at the sight in front of her. She wasn't surprised Theo was a good dad. She always knew he would be great at it, despite what everyone thought. Theo was worried himself, but Y/N always reassured him he would be an amazing father.

"You really love putting her to sleep, don't you?" Y/N asked Theo.

"It's what I look forward to every night," he smiled as he looked for a book on Stella's bookshelf.

"When does mommy get to join bedtime story time?" She asked hopeful.

Since Stella's been born, Theo has always put their beautiful baby to sleep. She was thankful for his help and she loved that they had their own bonding experience. Although Theo didn't know, she knew why he always kept her away during story time, and it's one of the many reasons why she loved him.

"No, no, no," Theo repeated as he shook his head and he sat down on the rocking chair. "You get her the whole day while I'm at work. This is my time with my favorite girl."

"Hey!" Y/N pretended to sound hurt.

Theo chuckled. "Babe, you know I love you, but this little girl has completely stolen my heart."

Y/N smiled. She leaned down and kissed Theo's forehead. She was hurt by his words, but she completely understood where he was coming from. Stella was unexpected, but the second they found out the pregnancy test said positive, the little bean had stole their hearts on a whole new level.

"I'll be right back with the bottle," Y/N said before she walked out of the room.

"Okay, Stella. Let's read, 'Goodnight Moon'," Theo said as he made himself and Stella comfortable before opening the book.

Theo had read the first couple of pages when Y/N returned with the warm bottle of milk. "I'm going to take a shower."

"Okay," Theo said and pecked her lips when she leaned in to kiss him. He looked down at Stella. "Say good night to mommy." Y/N said good night to Stella with a kiss. She walked out of the room and looked back from the doorway. A smile stretched on her lips as she saw Theo picking up where he left off on he book.

After a few minutes, Theo heard the water turn on. He waited a few more seconds before he put the book down and looked down at Stella. "Okay, now that mommy is in the shower, are you ready for your realbedtime story?" He asked.

Stella had no idea what he was saying, let alone asking, but she giggled in response. Theo took that as a yes. He smiled at her as he began to decide which story he wanted to share with Stella tonight.

On the first night Stella was home, Theo offered to put Stella to bed. It started off as letting Y/N take a break and getting some sleep, but he found himself enjoying bedtime with Stella especially when he figured out what got her to sleep.

On the first night home, Stella couldn't stop crying. Theo tried everything. Reading her a story, rocking her back and forth, moving up and down on the balls of his feet and playing soothing music. Nothing worked until he told a story about him and Y/N. By the time he had finished the story, she was sound asleep in his arms. Since then, Theo promised to tell her a story about her parents every night.