Chapter 1

Alexia

“No way! I am not going to agree to this.”

“But Lexi…”

“But what Alessia? Huh? This is not some horseshit we are talking about. It's your freaking marriage and I don't know why you're keeping calm about it! Are you out of your mind?!”

“Please Lexi, you need to calm down.” She worried trying hard to keep me composed.

“Calm down!? Tell me how the fuck to calm down when my so called twin sister is getting married to a complete stranger, that too to someone whose face I've not seen yet.”

“What do you want me to do then? Tell dad and mom that I don’t want this and make them sad? I can’t do that and you know that Lexi. I am not you…I am not.”

She cried falling onto the couch with a sob and I felt guilty for shouting at her for something, that I knew, she had no power over.

“Look lessia.. I know, I’m sorry." I said much calmy this time, taking a seat beside her. "But you need to raise your voice. How long can you sit back and let them decide your life?Stand up for yourself. You and me both know that they are not doing this for you. They need money and all they care for is money. Stop them from controlling your life.! This is about your marriage lessia. Marriage!!You need someone who will love you like no other.. ” I smiled lowering my voice to a comforting whisper,  “Who will forever hold you to his heart, who will fight hell and heaven to make you smile, to keep you safe, to keep you happy. Not someone who can bought you like you are a lifeless object that can be bought from a freaking store.”

A small sniffle was the only response she had to my rant and I sighed pinching my nose.

“Tell me lessia.. What’s the douchebag’s name?”

There was a pause before she opened her mouth.

“Er..Ronald. Ronald Lein Mcban.”

For a second, I thought I heard her wrong. By the time, I realized I hadn’t and she had said exactly what I heard, my eyes were wide as saucers.

“WHAT ?!?! The devil himself ???” I shouted jumping up from the chair.

“Yeah, It’s not a big deal.” She chuckled nervously, tucking a loosened strand behind her ear.

“Oh really?” I arched a brow.

“ Yeah, of course. Uh...you know..He is very kind, caring, good looking, and haha you know he is very funny and oh… He has very warm green eyes which can melt a heart and oh-”

I didn’t let her complete ‘cause I know whatever that was coming out of her pretty mouth were nothing but bullshit.

“Oh Okay, I must be mistaken because you know, the Ronald I am talking about is nothing like him. He is the most pathetic person I have ever seen. He is rude, uncaring, selfish, and oh..his green eyes are anything but warm. They held all the arrogance one can ever possess in one’s life and that I’ve heard it may freeze a ‘melting heart’.” I air quoted referring to her earlier statement.

Just when she was about to open her mouth to interrupt my speech, I held my hand up silencing her and continued, “And yeah they do become warm and kind when and only when he is with his family. And lessia..?”

She gulped before answering in a wavering tone “Y..yeah.. ”

“The man you were talking about is not the founder of ‘Le&Ry group of companies, Is he.? Because the one I am talking about is definitely is.”

“It is him” She said letting out a deafeated sigh.

I don’t know what to say. I stood there staring at her for a long time. And at the end, I did the only one thing she wanted me to do. To console.

“Hey, It’s Ok. I will try with everything in me to stop this nonsense. You don’t nee-”

She didn’t let me to finish.

“What can you do lexi ? Everything is fixed! Mom and dad had already taken half of the contract money from him. He needed a wife to benefit his business for some reasons unknown to me and here I’m being married to him in one month. You don’t need to worry Lexi. It’s not like you care about me anyway.”

“It's nothing like t-”

“You don’t need to explain anything. If you really cared about me, you wouldn’t have left me here alone. You left me for 5 years lexi…5 goddamn years!”

Saying this she began to sob uncontrollably.

I ran my hands down my face.

Yes. I did run away from this hell when I was 18 years old. After what happened that night I couldn’t stay here anymore and that was the best decision I have ever made in that eighteen years of my existence. I only kept contact with my sister because I wanted to know what was happening in her life. I came here just yesterday because she needs me now. She is the only thing that kept me sane all those years ago. My parents? They won’t even look to my face, let alone talk. And I would be damned if I ever even want them to.

“Lessia… Shh.. Don’t cry..You have me by your side. You have our friends by your side. Trust me. Come on,twiny. It’s going to be okay.”

I tried to comfort her and after sometime she calm down.

“Now tell me more about it. How many times did you guys meet after deciding your marriage?” I asked.

“Two or three times” She answered in between rubbing her nose with my duvet and I mentally cringed watching her snot my duvet.

“And how was he? I mean, what did he say? How was his behavior..?”

“He was fine, I think. He didn’t talk much and I kept nodding my head for whatever he said. He made the whole decisions and didn’t ask for my opinion. Not even once.”

That pathetic son of a…. I cursed in my mind.

Honestly, I don’t know what to do. Primarily, I need something that we don’t have - Time. I need time to plan something, anything so as to stop this marriage.

“Did you meet his family?”

“Yes, two times. They are very nice people, nothing like him. And his sister is pretty cool.”

Oh..Yeah, I do remember reading about him and his family in the ‘Daily Times’,a magazine on business magnates. Of course he have been the cover face countless times.

“When is the next time you are going to meet his family?”

“Tomorrow. They invited us for breakfast and they have been wanting to meet you.”

“You told them about me… ?” I asked bewildered.

“Of course I did. Even if you are not here, you are always my twin sis.” She smiled taking me in for a hug.

Seeing my twiny smile made me smile too, like it always does and I intend to keep that smile right on her lips for as long I live, at whatever cost. Anyone who even tries to hurt her will have to overcome me first. It is a promise I made to myself and one which I definitely intend to keep.

For now, I just need to wait for tomorrow when I can get to meet that douchebag.

______________________________

So guys,how was the first chapter?

Like Lexi,get ready to meet the great ‘Ronald Lein Mcban’.;-)

Till then…bye.👋