Chapter 44

Alexia

Tension hung heavily in the air around us taking everyone by silence. No one dared to utter a word.

When Helen called me informing about our newcomer, I didn't think it would turn out like this.

Aarvin and I got here in no time to see a worried Helen and a very much worried Gwen and Kevin. Aarvin, as always remained stoic while reaching here which soon changed into rage up on hearing about the missing file and drive.

If I say that I was shell shocked would be an understatement. I didn't know what to say or how to react to the revelation.

But the first thing that crossed my mind on hearing about the file was…

Biancca.

…. It was not her plan or trick. I did meet her and she had given me an address.

That is…. All hope was not lost indeed.

But all such thoughts of mine were soon replaced with alarm when my eyes fell on Aarvin who was standing extremely calm and quiet.

If I thought Aarvin was furious when he barged into my house demanding for the missing file then I don't know what to say now.

His eyes are hooded with so much range that the greyness of his eyes now almost resembles a black onyx. His jaw was in a hard line and his hands were clenched into a tight fist.

Even if I don't know much about Aarvin, I did know that he was not someone to loss his temper infront of an audience. Being the hard-core business man he is, he knew how to keep his emotions, especially his anger, in check.

“Aarvin. Aarvin Anderson”

Aarvin nodded blankly, not bothering to hold his hand out for a shake.

“Nordin Cadden”

“Why.”

Aarvin demanded curtly with cold fury in his eyes which was waiting to be unleashed to the surface.

“I will explain, but be-” before Nordin could complete his sentence Aarvin interrupted him with an unwavering tone.

“What but? You said you wanted to see me and I am right here. Now tell me, Why. did. you. take. the. file” He hissed through gritted teeth

“I took the file to know what they are up to” Nordin said coldly with his eyes not straying away from Aarvin's. He didn't sound guilty or a bit ashamed, Infact he gave the reason for his action with a nonchalant shrug.

“Who is upto what?” I voiced making him turn towards me.

I didn't care whether I sounded rude or harsh. He stole the file from MY car making ME guilty in front of Aarvin. Not only that, but because of him I had to pass each day trying hard to think of a way to get it back from Biancca.

I was gritting my teeth in anger at his nonchalant stare.

He stared hard at me for sometime which I returned in the same intensity.

After some seconds, he averted his eyes from mine to steal a glance at Helen which didn't go unnoticed by me and Kevin, who narrowed his eyes at him.

Nordin let out a sigh before looking back at me.

“I wanted to know what your deal with Ella was. I started following you and one day I saw the guys entering the Redliners’ warehouse. I followed them inside and found about you guys searching for…Biancca. I also heard the name Aarvin Anderson from them and I wanted to know the connection between Biancca and Aarvin. And about the file…. I stole it for Ella”