Chapter 37

Alexia

"Ma'am, Sir is currently available. You may see h-" Before Mr. King could finish his statement, I jumped off my chair in haste and was stomping to his office.

Without even knocking, I loudly pushed the door open making him look up from his phone in surprise. But that expression went as fast as it came once he saw who was at the door.

I was clenching my jaw hard to control the anger pulsing in my veins and all I wanted was to push him hard and ask what the hell he was thinking. The mental image itself was so damn  provoking that I had to force myself to stay put.

He lift an eyebrow questioningly at my behaviour.

"I didn't grant you the permission to enter. Did I?" He asked nonchalantly.

"And I don't remember asking your goddamn permission either" I hissed.

He warned me with a look at my tone. Our eyes were locked in a very hard stare off. After a minute or so, he sighed and I mentally smirked at him.

"I don't have time for this" I heard him mumble under his breath as he leaned back in his chair.

"What do you want?"

"What I want? Are you fucking kidding me? You want me to spell it out for you? Wow..!" I said mockingly, clapping my hands at his act.

"You got some guts man! You..." I pointed my finger accusingly at him.

".. betrayed us. What were you thinking when you sealed a deal with the Winx? Didn't we have a deal over that? And most importantly you didn't even bother informing us of the fact that you were going to join hands with the Winx. Why did you do that?" I sneered.

"Why are you talking like I did something wrong?" He asked standing up from his chair and coming to stand infront of his table.

"For the record, I didn't betray you. I didn't reveal anything to the Winx and I am not going to. And my deal with them, it's purely business" He dismissed my accusations with a shrug of his shoulders.

I looked at him with disbelief. My mouth agape at his flippant answer.

"Aren't you a bit ashamed of what you've done? Mr. Anderson, we trusted you. We agreed to help each other and you can't do this to us."

"Look Coffee," He addresed leaned back on table with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Like I said, I didn't do anything wrong. Tell me, what was our deal?"

"Are you questioning me now?" I scoffed

"Answer my question"

I sighed, irritated at his behaviour.

"If you help us get acquainted with the Winx, we will help you find the Miller girl in return" I gritted out.

"And which part of that deal did I violate? Didn't I help you to get into the Winx house? Aren't they now very fond of you? And in return, where is she? At least any information regarding her identity or address or anything? No. Nothing. And you are the one talking about me betraying you?" He stated raising an eyebrow in challenge

"Don't act so innocent Aarvin. Do you know how hard it was to get the Winx to this stage? Do you know how much we have endured just to get this far? And what did you do at the end.... you fucked up every single thing by signing the damn contract with the Winx, making all our effort turn dust. Just like that!" I cried out as frustration flooded in me.

"How was I supposed to know that? Did you take me as a mind reader?" He said totally unperturbed making me grit my teeth.

I pinched my nose as I let out a deep breath.