Chapter 52

Alexia

"Aarvin sweetie, my boy...Can you please tell me where the fu- I mean, where in this beautiful world are we going?" I asked sweetly batting my eyelashes at him.

He chuckled heavily at my words.

"You lost, Coffee. You began to say the F word and I'm not going to say where we are going unless you don't say any curse words for twenty minutes straight."

"Come on Aarvin, You know it's impossible for me. Twenty minutes! That's too much. Especially when I'm already frustrated out of my mind. It has been almost half an hour since I entered this car and my butt is hurting!" I whined shifting in my seat, an action that made him spare me a glance.

"You know you could adjust the seat and lay down right?" He asked focusing back on the road.

"Oh, man! Why didn't I think of that. You're a genius Aarvin. How do you do this?" I asked in mock surprise.

"What can I say, It's always been one of my talents." He retorted without even a tiny change in his facial expression which made me annoyed all the more.

"Fuck you Mr. Anderson!" I spat slumping down on the seat with a sigh.

Another fifteen minutes went by and I was having fun singing 'I'm a Mess' by Bebe Rexha at the top pf my lungs.

"Girl! Can you please shut up? You're singing like it's the end of the world."

Without giving any heed to his pleas and shouts, I continued to sing-I mean, scream the lyrics even though I didn't know them.

"Coffee please. I'm begging you. Please stop." He pleaded helplessly, increasing the speed of the truck, so we could get to his damn destination and I would stop singing.

"I'm a mess, I'm a single

I'm a single, I'm a single.

I'm a mess for your love indeed.

Oh.. Oh... Oh.."

"Are you sure you're not mimicking Tarzan's cry?" He asked holding back a groan.

All my cries and actions stopped abruptly at his question.

"You know what? You could've slapped me in the face and that would've hurt less." I said horrified by his words which stabbed right in the centre of my heart.

I'm wounded.

Hearing me, he set his lips into a thin line.

"I'm sorry. I'm pretty known for my bluntness." He said shaking his head like he was guilty and ashamed of himself.

"Aarvin." I warned seeing his dramatic expression.

"What? I'm feeling guilty okay?" He said faking innocence.

"You better be."

I don't know how many minutes more I sat there looking out of the window.
After what felt like a decade, he finally stopped the vehicle on a deserted street.

The street was dimly lit and there was not much life. The only sources of light were the moon and a small cafe near us. Even the street lights where off.

"Did you bring me here to bury me alive?" I asked looking around the street in search of any sign of life."I promise, I'll be good from now on. Atleast, I will try"

"Don't be so dramatic Coffee. Get out." He said opening the car door and getting himself out.

"You drove me for two fucking hours to bring me here?! A cafe all the way here in the middle of nowhere?" I asked bewildered at his insanity.