Chapter 48

Alexia

My tongue felt heavy in my mouth as I tried to make a sound.

But all I could muster was the painful silent moans that escaped my throat. I couldn’t feel my hands or body. But I can feel the familiar suffocating darkness that's drowning me in.

I felt the hands roaming all over my body. They slithered on me like a predator preparing to slaughter its prey, slowly but surely.

I was screaming them to stop. When they didn’t, I pleaded…I begged…. I thrashed like a mad dog..but they didn’t stop. Suddenly a hand found its way to my inner-

“STOP!!!” I screamed sitting straight on the bed with a gasp.

I was panting heavily. Looking down, I ran my hands frantically all over me to make sure I was alright.

A relieved breath escaped me seeing I had all my clothes on. I blinked back the tears that wanted to be let free.

It was a dream...

I was unsure whether I should cry or smile at the revelation.

Should I cry because it still haunted me like a never ending plague or should I smile because what I just experienced was just a nightmare. A memory.

A memory…Just a memory.

I tried to calm my racing heart by repeating the words like a mantra.

With a long exhale I slumped down on the bed and tried to close my eyes.

My mind had not even began to relax when the sudden realization of what had happened dawned on me making me snap open my eyes.

Jake!

With a sudden jolt, I sat upright on the bed with alarm and looked around the room in haste. I was in someone else's room.

Where the fuck am I?!

All the relief I felt a moment ago flew out of the window as I became aware of my current predicament. I tried to keep myself calm and not to panic.

But the unfamiliar walls and sheets did nothing to calm my nerves as I started to hyperventilate.

With deep breaths, I slowed down my heart rate, to be able to think without the beats of my heart ringing in my head.

Reaching into my pocket, I searched for my phone only to find it is not there.

“Fuck..!” Jumping out of the bed, I looked around the room in frantic in search of my phone.

“Holy shit..! Where the fuck is it?” I cursed when I didn’t find it anywhere.

“You’re looking for this?”

I slightly jumped on my spot at the sound and swirled around to meet the one person who made my life a living hell.

He was standing there shirtless and a crooked smirk adorned his face as he stared at me with my phone raised on his hand.

I narrowed my eyes.

“What the fuck are you doing with my phone?” I sneered venomously, which made him raise a brow in amusement.

“Fiesty, huh? I like it.” He smirked walking in slow strides towards me.

“Where the fuck am I?” I growled taking slow steps away from him in order to keep the distance between us as long as possible

“Chill, sweet heart. You are where you are supposed to be. In my house, with me.” He stated with sickening sweetness which made my skin crawl in disgust.