Chapter 18

Alexia

"I'm telling you guys I'm not at all on board with this idea. It's ridiculous. What do we get from hurting someone? Will it brin-"

Before he could complete his sentence Gwen covered his mouth with his hands.

"Shut the f*ck up. You will wake the neighbours."

"mmfff ghuumk!." He said something but it came out has pure gibberish due to Gwen's hand which was still firm over his mouth.

I'm glad he was shut up by Gwen's hand otherwise my fist would have done it.

"Shhh!" I hissed making him stop his blabbering instantly.

Shaking my head at his silly behavior, I turn towards Helen who was standing beside me bitting her lips.

"Hey."

I smiled taking her hands and gaving it a reassuring squeeze.

"You will be okay."

"I know." She whispered letting out a huge breath and looking at me with her usual noble face which gave me the boost I was looking for.

With her hand in mine, I returned my gaze back to the house which stood infront of us with all its majestic glory.

With broken windows, missing roof stones and fading paint on the wall. And for the front yard, well... We better skip that for better purposes.

It didn't take more than two days for Helen to agree with my plans. After all, she is also a girl with a thirst for vengeance somewhere in that mind of hers.

Gwen was the first one to side with me. I'm sure that with his bulging muscles and intimidating figure, he could scare anyone with a single glare from him. And Kevin, well he is an another story.

"You lived... here?" Kevin asked hesitantly, after Gwen removed his hands making sure that he will not continue with his babbling.

"Yeah.." She mumbled

"Shall we go in?" Gwen asked impatiently ready to rip his heads off.

"Patience, Gwen. Remember we are not here to kill him.” I said with a pointed look at him.

After hearing a rough grunt as a reply, we all walked into house and I rang the doorbell while they moved to either side of the door, not wanting to be seen.

After hitting the bell for three times, I heard some shuffling and cursing from the other side indicating that he is making his way to the door.

Good. He is in the exact condition perfect for us.

Seconds to the shuffling, the door was roughly pulled open by a man who seemed to be in his late forties with greying hair, huge pot belly and an almost empty alcohol bottle in his hand. His visibly shaggy and dirty clothes reeked of alcohol so strongly that I almost raised my palm to cover my nose.

Too lazy to change the clothes which he must have been put on at least a week ago.

His half closed red eyes roamed all over my body, examining it. He licked his lips when his eyes landed on my chest. Disgusting prick!

After his eyes lingered there for a moment extra, he finally dragged his eyes to meet mine.

"Can I ….help you pwetty one?”

He asked swaying on his feet.

"No need, George. We are here.” Saying that Gwen lunged his fist at him with full force making him fall back with a loud thump.