Chapter 61

*This chapter contains some words and scenes that may be triggering to some readers. You're warned.*

Alexia

This morning I woke up with an empty heart.

And that is what I've been feeling since- Empty.

I tried to be cheerful, I tried to be happy, to put a smile on my face but how long can I fool myself? Knowing that my stupid heart is still yearning for his warmth?

We hadn't called or texted each other since he dashed out from here yesterday. I reached for my phone several times to call him but each time I threw my phone away seeing the unread texts I had sent him.

It seems like he doesn't care anymore. As if he had enough.

For one last time, I checked my phone again with the small flickering hope in me, wishing he would at least tell me what's wrong with him. Or with me.

But there was none.

A bitter chuckle escaped me.

With a silly shake of my head, I stepped into Jake's house trying my best to keep my emotions in check.

But whom am I kidding? I'm not Mr. Anderson to hide my emotions behind an expertly masked facade.

Jake was standing there, in the middle of his study with his men rounding him.

The conversation was put to a halt and he turned towards me with the most welcoming smile I've ever seen on his face.

And that was not a bit pleasing. If anything, it made my stomach churn in the most unpleasant way.

"Ha! There you are!" He exclaimed enclosing me in his arms and pulling me close.

I was too struck to move a muscle. A cold shiver ran down my spine at the sudden change in his manner.

"This is our lucky charm boys!" He yelled, sneaking his hand around my waist, smiling as he looked down at me.

Men double my size and height were glaring at me behind the safety of their boss's back. Their eyes were bloodshot and bleary- probably due to the use of years substance abuse. Their body, too was, covered in layers of tattoos.

"What's going on?" I gulped under their menacing stare.

"I really wanted to thank you for the help you did for us. If it wasn't for you, I don't think we would have been able to complete the transfer." He said, nuzzling his head into the crook of my neck making me squirm.

"O-oh.. It was nothing." I mumbled uncaringly, clenching my teeth as he squeezed my waist.

"Trust me sweetheart, it was everything. Tyler!" He called and within a second a man from the group stepped forward with a bag in his hand and placed it in front of me before going back to his position.

I frowned.

"What's this?"

"It's the five percent you asked me. You really did a good job and so I think you deserve a better reward than this." His words reeking of lust.

"O-oh..." I forced a smile, averting my face from him.

Suddenly, he pushed me to a nearby wall caging me with his body.

"Jake..! N-not now.." I panicked trying to keep it cool as he trailed his hands down to my bottom.

"I see. You're still the same shy girl. Don't worry they are my boys." He mumbled biting my neck with his wet kisses while his hand went around my back, making me gasp.