Chapter 6

Alexia

After spending almost three hours at the library reading and watching some cliché romantic moments, I returned to my house by the time the sun took his leave.

The filthy excuses of my father and mother would head out somewhere before the dawn and only come back after midnight. Probably seducing some rich men or women. I clench my fist at the thought. Trust me, I don’t have an ounce of shame for thinking such crap about my parents.

I walk into my room to see my sister sitting on the desk chair exactly like how I left her there three hrs ago.

“Seriously, you didn’t even move your toes?” I asked putting my laptop on the desk.

“Oh…You’re back. Tell me, how are we going to do that? Will it work? Will he like me? Uh… don’t mind that. Will he notice me? What if we get caught? OMG… I don’t think it’s a good idea Lexi.!”

I had to slow down each and every word in my brain to understand what she was saying. She was that fast.

“No need to freak out twiny. We are not going to break in to his room or robe his wealth.”

“ Then how are we going to do that?"

“Ask something useful like that. First of all…there is so many ways to make him notice you, but that is not what we want. We want him to speak to you, try to know you. So….we need to make a plot. If you guys are stuck with each other then he don’t have a choice but to talk to you. Like I said if he don’t want to then we will make him.”

“It’s better said than done. Do you really think we can fool him? I mean.. He is a McBain! What if he makes a great deal out of it?"

“First, he is not going to know anything. Second, stop worrying. If you want him, then you need to take a risk. Nothing in this world is free Lessia. Stop being stubborn for once and grow the guts girl. Just remember, whatever may your decision be, I’m here. Always right beside you”

She stared at me for a long time but I could see she was thinking about what I said. Finally after what seemed like ages, she nodded.

“ I’m ready” she said with a new-found determination which only lasted for about three seconds.

“But how?” She cried pulling a face. I can see the confusion, worry, sadness and everything she was trying to hide beneath the layer of determination.

I smiled at her to ease her worries.

“There are many ways to answer your question. Like… bumping into each other with a coffee in hand and you accidentally spill the coffee onto his oh-so-expensive suit. If I’m not wrong Ronald will definitely scold you for that and make you pay for it or will make you buy him a new one. But being the poor girl you are, you can’t afford that much and tell him any other way to repay him- like cooking meals or helping in his work or whatever it is….and I’m damn sure that he won’t leave you until you make it up to him for ruining his clothes. Second coincidence would be stuck in the elevator together for a long time. You know according to romantic books…most of the romance start when the male and female gets stuck in the elevator and are forced to interact with each other. Logically, I agree to them. Because you know, in elevators signals are weak, so he can’t use his phone even if he wanted to. So the only option is starting a conversation with whoever is with you. Here our female lead is you, if you know what I mean. And then the third one will be making him jealous. Like you or not, you’re his fiancé. No one like their fiancé talking or drooling over other men. So if he see you talking with other men he will definetly become angry and drag you along with him. In the night, when he is alone, he will think to himself that why did he become angry when he see you talking with other boys and will finally come to the conclusion that he likes you and…..ta daaa…” I impersonated Mr.Bean for an added dramatic effect.