Chapter 34

Alexia

I took the first step into the yard.

Or was it the second? How the hell would I know! Don't ask such stupid questions.

But...I think it was the fourth step.

With my wobbling legs and droopy eyes, I walked towards the man who stood before the fountain exactly like how I left him.

I furrowed my brows when I saw him checking his phone every now and then with an expression I couldn't discern.

Is he excepting a call?

With a shrug to the question, I moved closer to him.

"Hey, Aarvyy baby..." I slurred, making him jolt.

"What are you doing here?" He asked pocketing his phone on seeing me.

"I came to see my boyfwiend..." I exclaimed happily grinning from ear to ear.

“Coffee… Are you drunk?!" He asked after a minute of silence to which I shook my head frantically before giving him a sheepish smile.

I heard a deep sigh.

"How much?"

"Four" I said lifting my six fingers at him.

"That's eight, Coffee”

"Huh?"

"You're holding up eight fingers" He deadpanned looking dead into my eyes.

His lips were stretched into a grim line expressing he was not happy with the information.

"Oh! Sorry?" I asked not wanting him to be mad at me.

"Why are you saying sorry to me?" He asked and if I'm not wrong, I think I saw a spark of amusement in his eyes.

"‘Cause...I made you mad?" I worried tilting my head to a side with a pout.

"You're defintely drunk." He stated shaking his head.

Was it my drunken mind or did I really hear a smile behind his words?

"So, what are you doing down here?" He asked going back to his pokerface.

"Came to see you, of course" I shrugged as a matter-of-factly.

"Why?" He asked as if he couldn't believe that I came to see him.

"Because you're my boyfriend!” I grinned gleefully hugging him, happy at myself for having a boyfriend.

His body suddenly went stiff at my touch and he didn't waste a second to pull himself away from the contact.

"What are you doing?" He hissed keeping me at a respectful distance.

"W-what? You d-don't like me hu-gging you?" I whimpered with quivering lips.

Rejection burned in my kidneys making it hard to breath. I could feel my eyes watering at his action. I was sad!

His eyes widened in alarm at my reaction and he looked around to see if anyone was watching.

"For devil’s sake, Coffee! Why are you crying?"

And his rude tone was the final straw.

I started sobbing my eyes out like someone dear to me has died. My cheeks covered in tears and my makeup was running down my face.

Contrary what is usually expected, drunken Alexia is sentimental as shit and sensitive as fuck.

"Oh heavens, Coffee. P-please stop cyring…Why are you crying in the first place?" He asked horrified of my wailing.