Chapter 3

Alexia

“So.. Were you in London all this years?" Ronald asked me without taking his eyes from the plate as he carefully sliced the bacon into pieces

Currently, we are having breakfast with the Mcbain family. Wilson is sitting at the head of the table with Ronald to his right. My father sitting straight across Ronald to Wilson’s left. Near him sat my mother and across her sat Sarah near her son. Alessia sat between me and mom. Opposite her sat Natasha. As usual the seat across me is empty…

Ronald is surely more than 6 feet tall with piercing green eyes and black hair. He is wearing a dark brown shirt with sleeves folded to his elbow matching with black jeans. He is clean shaved showing the outline of his sharp jawline. His composure and aura clearly show off the danger sign going off around him.

Apparently, people with sane mind think thrice before crossing path with him. He can bring your worst nightmares come true.(Not my words.’Daily time’s)

Fortunately, I’m not sane.

But little do I know that they weren’t kidding.

“Yep” I said popping the ‘p’.

My careless tone made Mr.douchebag to raise his head at me. His eyes sliced to a fragment with a hidden warning that will make one pee in his sleeps.

But me being me, gave him one of my best innocent smiles.

I don’t want to make him angry,….yet.

“So,Mr.do..I mean Mcbain?"

I called waiting for him to acknowledge my words so I could resume my speech. But being the arrogant prick he is, continued to chew on his food without even bothering to grand me a glance.

“Mr.Mcbain?"

No response.

 If it is then..

“Do you like my sister?" I blurted out and an eerie silence engulfed the whole table at my question.

Everyone stopped on their food including Ronald who seemed to be frozen on his seat. Slowly, very slowly.. he put the utensils down and stared at me

“What did you say?"

I smiled “I said……"

His gaze was drilling holes into my head and everyone at the table could see the warning dare-to-say-one-more-word…in his eyes. Alessia held my hands begging me to stop. I didn’t take my eyes off from his. With a wide smile on my face I continued.

".. Do you like my sister?"

Ha… Take that you idiot. I’m not afraid of you.

He didn’t say anything for a long time and continued to stare at me, Like he was studying me. Something flash in his eyes but before I can put my finger into it, it’s gone.

“Why do you ask?" He asked after some times. His tone was cold and firm.

Sarah and Natasha looked at me like I’ve grown two heads.

“Nothing”.

I shrugged and continue to eat like nothing happened. I can feel his stare for some more time before he withdraw.

But silence is not my thing.

“Hmm.. Ronald?”

“What is your problem? ” Alessia hissed in my ear.

 I ignored her. She can wait.

With a growing annoyance and anger in his eyes, he looked up at me.