Chapter 14

Alessia

"Well played." With that he stormed out.

I looked at Alexia to see her standing there like a statue.

"What just happened?" I asked worriedly.

Ronald's face when he was standing at my door flashed in my mind making it hard to keep my tears at bay. He looked....betrayed. I begged her with my eyes to say something.

She looked at me and pinched her nose. Something she does when she is nervous. The act made me realize something was wrong. Terribly wrong.

"Kevin called in the morning, saying Ronald went to the office to check the CCTV footage of the day when you guys got stuck in the elevator. I... I think he knows."

That's it. That was all I needed to hear to storm out of my room with tears rolling down my cheeks. I don't care what he would think of me. I will beg for his forgiveness. He have all the right to be mad at me. I can't lose him. I ran out of my house and saw Ronald getting into his car.

"Ronald!" I called him but he didn't stop. Before he can drive off, I ran towards him and placed my hand on the door to stop him from shutting it close.

"What do you want? " He gritted out.

"Ron-" before I could say something he stepped out of the car and closed the door with such a force that made me take a step back.

"What do you want Alessia?! Huh? Do you think I'm a joker to play around? Do you think I am an idiot to not understand anything?" He screamed looking murderous

More tears made their way out of my eyes and his face softened a tiny bit after seeing my tears. He let out a frustrated sigh and said,

"Listen here Lessia. I will ask you a question. One damn question and I want you to answer it truthfully."

I bit my lips and shook my head no. I didn't want him to interrogate me. Whatever he wanted to know I will tell him.

"Ron..I..I know..y..y"

"Bloody damn stop it!!" He raised his voice making me shut my mouth instantly.

"Alessia, I will ask you a question, and all you need is to answer it. UNDERSTAND?!" He demanded. I could tell that he was losing his patience. To avoid angering him any further, I nodded my head.

He sighed and asked me very quietly.

"Who is Rikkard?"

I blinked once..

Twice...

Thrice...

Before I could blink a fourth time he exploded,

"WHO THE FUCK IS RIKKARD?!! Let me guess, your ex-boyfriend, Oh .. wait...maybe your secret lover. Great! Just Fucking GREAT. DO YOU KNOW WHY I'M HERE? Do you have any idea?! How could you even?! Oh yes.!! 'cause you were busy thinking about him. And here I am, thinking how in the world I'm gonna ask you out. Wearing your favorite colour shirt, shoes, pants and a bouquet of white rose just to ask you for a date. A fucking date!! But thanks. For letting me know you're just like others. Your heart never belonged to me and now I know never will! Get lost!!!" He shouted making me flinch.

But I was too stunned to speak. I trailed my eyes over his attire to see that he was right. He indeed was wearing my favourite -white- coloured shirt and a light brown, almost beige coloured pants. Seeing him like that made me want to smile. But I couldn't. The only thing that managed to move in my body was my eyes.

Date?! Did he say he wanted to take me out on a date? DATE...is that why he is here now?! What about the footages? Does that mean he don't know anything? He is here to ask me out...he is here to ask me out...he is her-