Chapter 54

Alexia

"You are late.” I deadpanned pinning him down with my accusing glare.

"Come on Coffee, you know I am a business man. I was really busy and had so many deadlines to meet. I couldn't-”

"-Waste even a second for me, huh?" I snapped crossing my arms over my chest, trying to ignore his cuteness with the sheepish and guilty face which would have won him an extra cookie or two from a granny.

"No! It is not like that. Not at all like that. I'm sorry okay? You don't have to bury me six feet under with that look for being two minutes late. It's scary." He murmured the last line under his breath loud enough for me to hear.

"Are you kidding me? Didn't we ask you to come here by ten? It is three minutes past ten now! They are already inside and I was waiting here for you. Let’s not even start about how you made me wait at the club too. Now, you are standing here spewing excuses? How many times are you going to keep saying sorry, young man?” I snapped.

"So, Someone was waiting for me, huh?" He asked raising a brow, with a slight smirk flourishing his lips.

"Is that all you got from my speech?" I asked bewildered by his audacity.

“For devil’s sake it's just three minutes.! I can't believe you're reprimanding me for being three minutes late, when I have had people worth millions waiting at my beck and call." He groaned and I bit down on my lips to hide the smile threatening to break out.

"Shall we go in? We are already late, right?" He asked hopefully to which I chuckled with a shake of my head.

"Come on." I said before walking towards the small building which would pass as a non-suspecting storehouse.

From the outside it seems small and narrow but inside, it had two ways, one straight and one to the left.

"Left or straight?" He asked looking towards both directions.

"Left. I think."

"You don't know?"

"How the hell would I know when I was outside waiting for someone who doesn’t even know the meaning of punctuality?!" I growled in frustration.

"Why are you so aggressive today?" He accused taking a small step back in vaution

"Oh great! Now I am aggressive? Waiting to pounce on anyone who unfortunately happens to be in front of me? Do you think I’m crazy?” I asked incredulously narrowing my eyes at him.

"I know how to solve this."

I heard him mumbling and next thing I felt was the warmth of his lips on my forehead.

"Did it help cool you down?" He mumbled with his lips still pressing on my forehead.

His fingers were circled on either side of my neck sending goosebumps all over my body.

"No.." I whispered closing my eyes

Brushing the side of my neck with his thumb, his lips trailed down to my nose to place a soft kiss on the tip.

"Does it now?" He hoarsed continuing his treatment with the thumb.

I shook my head slightly, not trusting my voice in his proximity.

I could feel his lips stretching into a small smile before it trailed down to meet my awaiting lips rather slowly, like he was teasing me.

"Aarv...” Before I could whine his name in frustration, he placed his lips on mine making me snap it shut instantly.