Chapter 9

Alexia

My hair was flowing freely in the morning breeze as I stood there looking at the rising sun, pushing back the strands from my face.

Yesterday, Lessia told me what happened in the elevator. I don’t know why my plans keep failing. I wanted the best for her. I don’t know if Ronald is ‘the one’ for her. But I do know she likes him very much. After what happened yesterday morning and evening I came to a conclusion that Alessia was right. He do care for people around him. If he didn’t, he would not have led her to the mall to buy new clothes or offered to drop her at our house. But now…She refuses to continue with our plans. I guess she feels guilty thinking we are playing him . But that isn’t going to stop me from continuing my plans. I’ll do it alone. If she wish to have him, then she will definitely have him.

No matter what the time, the park is always filled with people. Some laughing, some playing, some spending time with their family and friends. I watched few children running after one another trying to catch each other with happy smiles and laughter on their face

I always wished only if I had a childhood like this……

“You little witch!”

Came a rough voice behind me and startled, I turned around to see-

“You bastard!” I screamed throwing myself at him with a cry.

“Woah..Easy there girl.”he said hugging me back.

I separated myself from him when I heard someone clearing their throat. I looked at them and my eyes went wide. I grinned ear to ear like a fool.

“Guys..?”

“Hey babe.” Kevin said coming to hug me, more like crushing me.

“I missed you so much.” He whispered in my ear hugging me tightly.

“I missed me too” I said, earning a groan from him.

“Seriously?! Nice to meet you too. I am fine, thanks for asking.” A feminine voice grunted behind him.

“HELEN!”I shouted shoving him away from me and running into her open arms. I hugged her- tightly.

“There, there…No need to cry. I know you missed me so much. I’m here now. Shhh. Shhh”she said patting my hair. I looked at her with a bored expression asking, “really?”

She grinned showing all her teeth.

“Group hug time!!!” Before I could even process what he said, two bodies came sandwiching us by wrapping their arms around our bodies.

I don’t have to look at a mirror to see I’m grinning like a fool now. But, I missed them so much. It’s been only a week or two, but the past five years of my life were the best years of my life. Except some special moments and acquaintances.

Never in my life will I trade my past five years for anything in the world. That’s one of the reasons why I don’t ever regret running away from my family. There are so many things in London that keeps pulling me towards it. Mostly positive vibes and of course, some particular negative vibes. Whereas, the only thing that keeps me rooted in New York is my sister. The one thing that can compete with all the positive things in London, my topmost priority, my sister.

After our small reunion we sat down on a nearby bench enjoying the cool breeze.

“So, how are things in London?” I asked breaking the silence.

“Really boring after you left.” Kevin said.

“Yeah,So boring. We didn’t want to stay there in your absence. So… Here we are!” Gwen said running a hand through his hair.