Chapter 45

Aarvin

It has been almost an hour and I was still engrossed in my work.

“Sir, Do you need anything?” The air hostess asked with a professional smile.

“Yes. I would like a glass of water. Also, ask them whether they want anything”

“Yes, Sir.” Giving me a nod, she walked over to the group sitting at the other end of my private aircraft.

Mr. Cadden was sitting alone in a chair two seat away from Miss. Humbert. Even though she was sitting away from him with her friends, his eyes had not left her for more than a few seconds. I was amused at the way he gives her a smile whenever their eyes would connect.

Coffee was sitting between Mr. Winx and his boyfriend. I couldn't see her face since she was sitting with her back to me.

Because of the distance of my seat from them which I intentionally chose so I could focus on my work, I couldn't hear their conversation. But from the tensed air and the silent rage in each of their eyes, it wasn't hard for me to guess the topic.

I had to clench my jaw hard to control the emotions that surged through me at the thought.

Jake Sanders.

The fire that has been inside me all this time was raging and all it wanted was to burn him into ashes.

I was beginning to think I could never find her. Much less him.

Ryder snake. The Jake Sanders.

The man I have been searching for the past ten years of my life. The man who will pay for all he has done.

And the thought that he was the same one who brought Coffee to the edge of losing herself, added fuel to the fire. A whole lot of fuel.

I couldn't believe how my life have been connected with Coffee through a single man. The same man who turned both our lifes and dreams into a gaping black hole.

With a deep sigh, my eyes flew over towards Coffee who was now scrolling through her phone while laughing to something her friends had said.

I couldn't help but stare.

She never fails to amaze me. Her ability to stand straight and strong on her ground even when the world continued to crash all around her, trying to bring her down.

Girls are really something.

I chuckled lightly at the thought.

How right he was..!

***

“Ryle…?”

“Ryle…!”

“Aarvin Ryle Anderson!”

“What?” My younger self whined

“Did you hurt a girl at your school today?” He asked narrowing his eyes accusingly at me.

“No….” I mumbled shifting on my feets nervously.

“You’re shifting on your feet Mister. Why are you lying? Tell me the truth Ryle” He said using his big brother tone which worked every single time like a charm.

Ashamed at myself, I hung my head downwards.

“I didn't do anything. I just pulled at her hair because she touched me without my permission” I mumbled in a small voice.

“You pulled at that girl’s hair just because she touched you?”

“B-but you can't blame me! If you were in my place you would've done that too. She is a bad girl. I told her that she is dirty and y-you know.. She has cooties..!” I said with eyes wide in horror.