Chapter 30

Alexia

"Biancca Miller, your order is ready."

The girl called out make us startle, my eyes instantly flew over to the counter space right in time to see a lock of red hair escaping through the cafe door.

"Aarvi-"

Before I could complete my cry, he jumped to his feet and sprinted after the girl, leaving me behind.

"Crap." I cursed standing up from my seat.

By the time I was out of the cafe door, that about under eight seconds, I was welcomed by the mass of thick crowd bustling through the narrow paved road.

I looked to my left and right, trying to pick out any of the persons I'm searching for. But whom am I kidding.? The whole street was crammed with so many foreign faces, which no doubt, made me nervous.

As I trailed my eyes through the crowd I got a glimpse of Aarvin who was frantically looking around for the red head before taking an abrupt left to an alley road.

I groaned
"What now?"

Of course! Go after him you dimwit.

Just when I was about to get myself merge into the sea of sweating bodies, a sudden thought hit me making me halt.

I looked back at the black beauty parked at the side of the road. I could feel my fingers tingling at the thought of my hands on its steering wheel. It would be a shame to leave it here like an abandoned child. Oh well!

Without thinking twice, I got into Aarvin's car. Ha! Over confident idiot. Didn't even lock it.

"Oh shit" I don't know how to ride this car!! Of course I had driven cars when I was a teen but not one like this!. It is so expensive and confusing. Never in my life had I thought that one day I would be riding a freaking Volvo.

Everything has a first time right?

Starting the engine, the car came to life. Grinning like a fool, I slowly pulled the car from the lot onto the road and accelerated very slowly.

Anyone who sees me now would think me as a person who had never even ride a bicycle in her life. Can't blame them though, 'cause I'm driving the car like a stereotypical ninety year old granny driving her little pink car with a pet chihuahua poking his head out in the passenger seat.

Knowing that I don't have much time, I increased the speed. Beeping the horn to everything that came before my - sorry - his car I accelerated as confidence pumped through my veins.

Hah! I got you black gem. The power of driving such a car! No wonder that asshole is as arrogant as he is. With such a car collection? I would be the queen of arrogance itself.

Finally having the control of the car, I sped down the street before taking the same turn as him. I spun the wheel to the left turning the corner, straight into a much narrow alley.

The path continues straight as an arrow with concrete walls of buildings on both sides. After making sure the path is not that narrow for the car to get scratched or god forbid- get stuck, I drove forward.

Speeding down the path, my eyes searched for a man with certain black hair and a girl with red hair.

What if he had already caught her? Oh! Holy mother of..!

What was he going to do once he get her?

It was the first time that the thought was occuring to me. But knowing Aarvin he would.... Would?? I don't know.