Chapter 58

Alexia

"Where are we going?" I asked Aarvin whose gaze was solely concentrated on the road.

There was tension in his brows and his fingers kept drumming on the wheel letting me know something was up.

"Are you okay? You look... nervous."

"Huh? No. Nothing at all. Just- you know, business stuff." He said gazing at me for a second.

"That's great.!" I exclaimed throwing my hands in the air. "You are with me and we are going out to have dinner together and you are thinking about work. Why am I not surprised.." I grumbled crossing my arms over my chest and looking out the window, not a bit pleased by the information.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw him making a face as he closed his eyes tightly, holding back a grunt.

"Good way to go Ryle.." He mumbled restraining himself from banging his head.

"Look Coffee, T-That is not what I meant. I just-. I lied. I mean not to you but I was thinking about my.. C-Company yeah..Company. You see...It's so dark and I think it's going to rain. I mean the window of my office is open and.. What?! Nonono.. What am I even saying. Gosh..!" He cut off his ramble seeing me looking at him with a raised eyebrow.

"You're not making sense Aarvin."

"I know..." He groaned stepping on the gas and the car powered up, throwing us back into the seat.

"Woah!" I gasped when he steered the wheel swiftly between two cars and a pickup van, managing to overtake all of them at once.

"You like it?" He asked in astonishment seeing that I enjoyed his little stunt rather than scared.

"Of course. I love racing. Can we go for a one? Please... Please..please.." I asked giving him my best puppy eyes to which he smiled cheekily.

"I'm on it." He grinned, changing the gear with a vicious smile.

"Boooo..." I booed to the second car of the night who have lost to us. Win for the second race.

"That was fantastic Aarvin. You are born to be a racer." I exclaimed with all the lust and thrill of the race powering my veins.

He laughed.

"I'm nothing baby. I don't know how you will react when you see him race! He is impossible. He drives like an eagle chasing it's prey. Sharp and swift. He is just... Amazing. Once he gets his hands on the wheels its like he is soaring across the sky. I am nothing compared to him." He smiled increasing his speed.

"Who is the he?" I smiled seeing the sparks of excitement lighting his eyes as he speaked of the 'he'.

The car jolted to a sudden stop when he pulled the breaks making our body come thrashing forward.

"Shit Aarvin, Fuck was that?" I screamed, looking back at the cars who luckily stopped just in time to avoid a massive collision.

"Sorry..!" I yelled at them before looking back at Aarvin who was now breathing rapidly, holding on to the wheels tightly to the point his knuckles turned white.

"Aarvin.?"

"Aarvin." I called again when he didn't seem to hear me the first time.

"Yeah?" He gasped, trying to steady his heavy breathing.

"You alright? Let's get moving, we are holding up the traffic." I mumbled soflty, hearing the angry and insistent blaring of horns of cars behind us.

Blinking his eyes, he looked at me as if he is trying to take in the situation and then with series of nod, he changed the gear before hitting the pedal.