Chapter 60

* This chapter contains some explicit use of words and contents that may feel offensive to some readers. You're warned.*⚠️

Alexia

"What happened mate? Where were you yesterday? The girl was going crazy not knowing shit about your whereabouts. Especially now the Jake and Biancca is on our back, you could've called us." Nordin asked noticing the change of air around him.

He was still standing with his arms folded across his chest, all guarded and masked. His eyes, hard and blank, refused to meet mine as they concentrated on Nordin.

"A-Aarvin..what happened? Are you okay?" I asked worriedly edging towards him but halted on my third step when he pinned me down with his daring stare which he used at Anastasia back in his office.

"I was busy. Had things to do." He stated with a firm nod of his head, without glancing at me.

"You could've at least sent a text. She was worried sick and you didn't even bother to acknowledge her." Gwen grumbled, having seen the stare he had thrown my way.

"Why should I? I don't owe anyone an explanation." He exclaimed keeping his voice firm and solid making Gwen fist his palms at his nonchalant reply.

What happened to him.?

"Now you're ac-"

"Okay. I get it. The great Aarvin fucking Anderson doesn't owe anyone any fucking explanations. I understand " I shouted interrupting whatever Gwen was going to say.

"But you could've fucking said that to any of us yesterday. Don't act like you didn't see my countless texts and calls! What the fuck happend to you?! I don't get it Aarvin. I was- worried about you. And  now don't tell me I don't have the right to worry about you." I added as I looked at him expectantly for an answer.

"Why should you?"

"...Huh?" I blinked, seeing the sudden shift in his demeanor, which made his eyes hard.

"Why should you worry about me Miss. Costello? It's not like I'm your friend or boyfriend."

"Y-you've got to be kidding me." I stammered, taking a step back in complete surprise. "Why are you acting like this?!"

"Tell me. Who am I to you?" He asked ignoring my words and the horror that I know, was evident on my face.

I opened my mouth to say something but the words died on my tongue as I searched for the right answer.

Who is he to me?

My friend?

My boyfriend?

My peace?

My....Everything?

But what am I to him?

His...........firefly?

Let's just say I once was the firefly he found in a cold dark street.”

Gulping down all my words and answers, I closed my eyes.

"That's what I thought. So can we start now? I've another conference in an hour." He stated glancing at his watch before giving us a nod to get started.

Another. Just a meeting. That's all this is to him.

"Shall we?" He asked again when no one made a move.

I could feel the pairs of eyes staring at me as I looked down at the floor to clear my blurry vision.

"What the hell are you playing at Anderson? Is this some kind of sick joke?" Gwen sneered angrily coming to my defense.