Chapter 25

Alexia

Opening the door to our home, I placed the cardboard box on the table with extra care.

"Everything went well?” Gwen asked, coming out of his room probably hearing the door slam shut.

Following him came Kevin with his disheveled hair and ruffled clothes. Face flushed red from the ‘heat', I assume.

"What is the great news that made you end up in bed?” Helen smirked, seeing their state.

Hearing her question, Gwen grinned while Kevin let out a sheepish chuckle.

"What can I do? I just gave him a little taste of me and he whined like a baby demanding more. Being the best boyfriend I am, I gave in to his demands."

Gwen said ruffling the already disheveled hair on Kevin's head, who by the way was turning the color of tomato.

We all laughed enjoying his embarrassment. Seeing Kevin's pout Gwen pulled him to his chest and pecked his lips muttering something between the kiss which made his whole face bright from all the blood rushing in.

Me and Helen shared a knowing look before clearing our throats making them aware of our presence. Just to save our poor innocent eyes from more torture.

"Your uncle transferred the money” Gwen said, finally pulling away from his boyfriend.

"He did?" Helen asked, astounded.

I let out a humorless chuckle

Of course. No one wants the world to know their ugly true face. Does whatever to save the facade; to save their masks.

I was in no dire to know how he was able to provide this much money, that too in such a short time. All I want is him to suffer. I am certain that each penny he gave has his helplessness, his distress. I could see the fear, stress, pain. The more the money we ask, the more his anxiety and anger increases. No matter how angry he gets, he will do nothing. He can't do anything and he knows that. And that is exactly what I want. For him to feel the helplessness. To feel the pain of having no other choice.

If he had been killed, it would have ended everything just like that. That would have been too easy. Easiest way out. What would we gain?Nothing. What would he suffer? Nothing.

He have to pay for his sin. And we will make sure of it.

"What is this?” I was brought back to attention by Kevin's question who was eyeing the small cardboard box for quite a time.

I smiled at the mention of the box. As he lifted his hand to touch it, the box wiggled a little making him jump back with a yelp.

"What's in that?" He asked wide eyed.

Slowly, with a smile on my face, I stood up from the couch and opened the box to see two pairs of black eyes looking at me. Widening my smile I lifted them both in my each hands to reveal the most mesmerizing, beautiful, heart melting creatures.

Two little cute kittens!!!

Lifting them both I looked at my friends with a gleeful smile.

"Look at these two little cuties..aren't they just soo adorable?!” I exclaimed.

"Cats? You brought them home? Are they from the streets?” Gwen asked with an ugly frown.

"Yep" I said, popping the ‘p'.

“We found them on our way back from Mr. Anderson's. "

"Awww….they are soo cute!" Kevin awed, picking one from my hand and petting him with utter adoration.