Chapter 29

Alexia

"Be safe, ok? I don't want you to get in any trouble. If that brainless fool had not called me, I would have come with you"

"Oh, Come on. It is not like I am going to meet with a psychotic terrorists in a suicide mission." I whined "I am just going to the Anderson to give him her address thus to keep our part of deal.”

"I just want you to be safe" Helen mumbled defensively.

"Yeah, yeah whatever. Eyes on the road please, I don't want to go to hell. Yet"

The guys gave us all the information they could get when they came back from the alley yesterday. I don't know what is Aarvin's deal with the Miller girl and I don't even want to know. It is none of my business. I also don't know whether he is the same Anderson she was dealing with or is it just a coincidence.

But something was amiss. I could sense it on their troubled faces when they came back. When I asked what was wrong, they just shook their head and walked off.

I hope everything is fine. At least we got her address. That will be enough to get this over with. Right?

That is why I'm currently sitting with Helen in her car.

Unfortunately, she can't accompany me to him. The Victor guy wants his monkey to spend the day with him so they can get to know each other.

"We are here” She announced stopping at the entrance of the huge building of Anderson which stood proudly towering over almost all the neighbouring buildings.

Stepping outside the car, I turned towards her.

"Don't do anything I wouldn't do, okay?”

"No promises. If he crosses his limits I swear on my Hershey's that I will cause serious harm to his oh-so-prescious family Jewel.” She sneered showing off her obvious disdain.

She really wishes she could come with me but at the same time, she can’t just pass the chance to get some dirt against the Winx.

"Ok then, As much as I'd love to make him wait, I have a reputation to keep.” Wishing me good luck she sped down the road leaving me standing there like a lost ghost.

Letting out a deep sigh I entered the lobby and walked towards the smiling lady- the same one who welcomed us when we came here for the first time.

What was her name again? Angela? Antarctica? Artica?

"Hello there. I'm Atlanta Jones. How can I help you?" She exclaimed with a wide smile startling me with her unexpected cheeriness.

Looks like someone just ate a shit load of cotton candy…or maybe today is payday?

"Oh, No.." She giggled making my brows furrow. Why is she laughing.?

"Today is not our payday," She said between her giggles.

Shit! I said that aloud, didn't I?

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean any offense. It's just that you seem so energetic. I was just surprised, I guess.” I said sheepishly trying hard to control the heat that crawled to my cheeks.

Off to an abso-fucking-lutely fabulous start.

"Actually, yesterday my boyfriend proposed. That is why I'm a bit extra…hyper today. Sorry if I made you uncomfortable." She said showing me her engagement ring.

"Oh..! That's wonderful. Congrats!!" I said with a genuine smile stretching across my lips.

"Thanks! Oh. Sorry.. How can I help you?" She asked again returning to her work mode.