Chapter 24

Alexia

"Biancca Miller?" Kevin asked furrowing his brows in thoughts.

"Yeah..I don't know how in the world  are we going to find her" Helen said exasperated, throwing her hands in the air.

I let out a deep sigh. The same question playing in my mind too. How? All the way back to our home, my mind was restless. Kevin has frowning lines on his forhead from the moment we discussed the situation with them.

I turned my head to look at Gwen, who was sitting there running his hands through his hair. An action which told me he too was getting worked up.

"Gwen, don't you think that we have heard this name before?" Kevin frowned  making both mine and Helen's head snap towards them.

"What? Do you know her?" She asked astonished.

"I don't know, but I am sure I have heard her name before. But I can't quite remember when or where.” He answered crouching down next to Gwen on the sofa.

We sat there in silence for some time. Each one lost in their own thoughts. I sat there thinking about the meeting we had with Mr. Anderson.

I've no idea how I controlled myself in front of his arrogant a*s. The self centered idiot! He thinks way too highly of himself. If I was the old lexia I would've forgiven him a long time ago and probably would have brushed off his insults. But unfortunately for him, I've changed. Everyone changes, right? It is just a matter of time or experiences. Sometimes a mixture of both. No..not everyone changes. For example, my Lessia. She is an angel. No one can change her in any way. I won't allow them. I hope she is safe there. Is she doing fine? What is she doing now? Do she think about me? Most of all do she still love me like she did? She probably hates me now for leaving her the way I did. Will she ever-

"Damn guys, I got it.!" Gwen shouted suddenly jumping off the counch making me snap out of my depressing thoughts.

"What?"

"I remember where I had heard her name before." Saying that he went to his room and came back with his laptop. Placing it on the table, he turned towards Kevin.

"Kev, do you remember those days..? When we used to help them.? " Kevin's eye widened at the question.

"Yeah..I do. Yes! It was then..Yes. I remember… reading her name." They continued to converse back and forth with each other while we two stood there complete clueless to the whole matter.

"Er.. Lex, do you've any idea of what they're talking about.?" Helen mumbled raising her eyebrows at their now bickering section.

I shook my head.

God knows.

Realizing that we are still standing in the dark, Kevin filled us in, while Gwen typed rapidly in his laptop.

"Back when my family disowned me, we had nowhere to go. Gwen had to leave the orphanage, since he was practically off legal age. Renting a shabby apartment at a really edgy aprt of the town, we searched for several jobs to make ends meet. But.. all we got from them was nothing but a load of disgrace and mockery. Who in their right mind would even dare to give a job to the blacksheep of the Winx family, who was disowned after being utterly humiliated? Well no one actually. For a long time we had to go to bed hungrily. When it became clear that we would end up on the streets without a pence to the pocket , we... uh..got involved with the bad side of the society. The illegal, ruthless, cruel side. With the gangsters and mobs. Being a computer genius he is, Gwen helped them to hack into rivals’ systems and datas. I helped in gathering info, even though Gwen seriously opposed. Yeah, like I will allow him to get into that kind of sh*t alone. Fat chance!” He said looking fondly at Gwen who returned the look with an adoration filled eye rolling.