Chapter 13

# SPOILERS ALERT.! mention of STORM AND SILENCE.

Alessia

*knock, knock*

I turned my head towards the direction of my door to see Alexia standing there.

"Hey, come in" I said, even though the door was open. She stepped into my room and sat down on the bean bag beside my table.

"What are you doing so early?" she asked eyeing my laptop which I was currently using.

"Oh. Nothing. Just reading."

"What?"

"Wattpad"

She raised her eyebrow at my answer. I could see the curiosity burning in her eyes.

"Any new stories that I have to grace with my attention?" I chuckled.

"Yeah..I'm currently reading a story called 'All the little lights' by a new author Kate Dayn."

"All the little lights?"

"Yeah...interested? "

"Nope. I think I've read it's description but didn't catch my interest."

I shrugged my shoulder, "I like it."

"I'm not surprised. You always had a soft spot for trash."

I huffed. I don't like anyone criticising my favourite books or authors. Kate is great.

"Don't judge a book by its cover." I said with a small pout. Suddenly, I remembered that she didn't had her breakfast yet.

"Did you eat your breakfast? I made lasagna. Mom and dad are getting ready to go. They already had their breakfast. I'm sorry I didn't wait for you. I was really hungry. I have kept yours is the oven. Come on, Let me heat it up for you." I said, already standing from my bed. But she shook her head and pushed me down back to my bed.

"No worries. I already ate it. Do you think I love you that much to come straight to your room instead of going to the kitchen? If you believe that, you are terribly mistaken sis. And for mother and father, they can go to hell for all I care." She said with a shrug but I didn't miss the venom in her words when she mentioned them.

I don't know what happened the night she ranaway. I know my mother and father are not really the ideal ones out there. All they want and care about is money. But their absence haven't affected me that much. Because I had her. She looked after me like a mother caring for her own daughter. Besides being a sister, she was my best friend. My strongest pillar. Every time I question the existence of god, when I feel alone, when I am weeping at my existence, on every bad day of my life, the image that emerges before me as the solution to it all is her. My sister, my other half, my Alexia.

I watched as Lexi stood up from the bag and walked towards the small bookshelf I had in my room .

I really love reading. It makes me forget all my worries and takes me to a journey through so many different places and times. It is in the magical world of letters that I have fulfilled many unobtainable wishes of mine. It's amazing how the black and white pages of a book can give you the peace you desire in such a colourful world. How can a bunch of letters give you the satisfaction that you can't find in these vast, big universe?

"Are you still obsessed with this?"

Alexia's voice snapped me out of my thoughts and I looked to see what she was referring to. It was the paperback edition of Storm and Silence.

I grinned at her.

"Yep. That's still my most favourite. It's an epic story sis."

"I know"she said in 'duh' tone which made me scoff .