Chapter 43

Aarvin

The silence in the car did not seem to sit well with my mind which was still reeling.

Taking my eyes off the road, I looked at the small figure sitting beside me in the passenger seat looking out through the window.

Broken.

Is the only word that could describe her state right then.

Nothing in this world could break a person more than the feeling of being utterly lost.

And I know it better than anyone.

Returning my gaze silently back to the road, I drove to my house here in New York.

After twenty minutes or so, we reached my place and I got out and looked back at her to see whether she was following me or not. Luckily she was.

I really don't know how to treat her or anyone else in this kind of situation. Should I give them some space or would they need our company and support?

Using my fingerprint, I unlocked my door and stood there not knowing what to do.

I had never ever invited someone over to my place including Ronald. She is the first one and hopefully, will be the last.

"Er.. Come in?" I said or more accurately, asked her in a uncertain tone which made her look at me weirdly.

Clearing my throat, I tried again.

"Come in"

Giving her a nod, I went inside hoping she would follow me. And she did.

Leading her to the living room, she sat down on the sofa in a careless manner. She was swaying a little and I could see that the beer was finally taking its toll on her.

She hadn't uttered a single word after leaving the park. I think she is either regretting telling me her past or is unsure of how I'll react.

But one thing I was sure was that I didn't like her being silent. Her feisty mouth and snarky tone is what I was familiar with and I need it to be like that.

Sighing, I walked into the kitchen and took out the jar of coffee beans from the top cabinet.

'Coffee was my comforter. My warmth, you know. Every night when I inhaled the steam from my coffee with its strong smell of coffee beans , I found myself finding a home'

The last time I made a Coffee was ten years ago....for him.

I always made sure that my kitchen would never run out of coffee beans.

I don't know when he would ask me for a cup of coffee the next time....

I chuckled bitterly at the thought.

If I could, I would do everything with my life to make him ask me for another coffee.

Why can't he just understand that I can't live without him?! Why?!

Is it because I broke my promise? If it is that, then I will ask a thousand times for his mercy. I will spent the rest of my life proving him how sorry I am.

I just want him back in my life.

I want to show him our car collection. I want to show him that we own every car that he ever wished for and would ever wish for.

That his brother now one of the richest man in the world.

Just....

I didn't notice the tears left my eyes until it land on the kitchen counter.