Chapter 4

Alexia

“Oh!! You’re amazing!!!”

Natasha embraced me still trying to control her excitement. Her eyes were twinkling, and she was grinning ear to ear.

“What was that for?” I asked awkwardly patting her on the shoulder.

“You made him speechless Alexia ! You made him speechless!” She exclaimed, her wide grin didn’t flatter for a second.

“She not only made him speechless Nat, she also made him agree with her.” Sarah said reaching us and pulled her daughter aside to attack me with another excited hug.

“Actually, I don’t understand what you’re saying. Right, I made him speechless, but he didn’t agree with me or acknowledged my condition. He just stormed out without saying anything.”

*****A few minutes before*****

“Try me “I smirked.

He didn’t say anything. Just stared at me for a long time and I returned his stare with the same intensity. After what seemed like hours, he sighed. I internally danced at my victory.

“Fine. I will do so-”

Before, he could finish whatever he was going to say I interrupted him.

“Nah-nah” I shook my head.

“I don’t need another fight. I will decide what’s going to happen. All you have to do is postpone the wedding.”

“How long?”

“One year”

“Never”

“One year”

“Not going to happen.”

“Fine, I will give you two choice then.”

I mentally winced at the pressure he applied on his teeth.

Anybody could see his discomfort in having to choose on choices provided by someone else. After all for him, he was the one who always kept others’ at his mercy. It was always ‘Ronald McBain making the deal’.

But now tables have turned Mr. In my life I make deals.

I raised an eyebrow at him.

“Fine. Spit it out” He gritted out.

“Ok. Either postpone the wedding for a year or….” I paused just to anger him more.

What? I love drama.

“Or?” I am sure if I was not his fiancée’s sister he would have most likely put the fork through my neck. His fingers were twitching to do something - anything.

“Or postpone it for just 12 months.”

And I gave him my best puppy eyes and ‘my dimples included’ innocent smile.

“WHAT? Are you f**king kidding me? Do I look like a f**king joker to you? You know what.. I’m done with this sh*t.”

His nostrils were flaring as he stood up from his chair in attempt to storm out of the hall, but he could either take a step in advance to the door, I called out.

“If you’re going to leave the hall, then forget all about the wedding.”

That made him halt in his steps. He slowly turned his head to look at me. Furious is an understatement to describe the look in his eyes. His face is calm, but his eyes-they were a deadly sight to see. I can see the worry in Sarah’s eyes. Natasha is pleading with her eyes to stop. Alessia seems like she will faint anytime soon.