Chapter 35

Alexia

"Are you sure? Will she come?" Kevin asked fidgeting nervously in his seat.

"Stop worrying Kev. I know she will" Helen assured, placing her hand on top of his.

"I don't know…What if she doesn't? What if she changes her mind and decides it's just a waste of time? We can-"

"Why are you worrying so much? We didn't call her here to shoot her or anything. We are just going on with our plans.” Gwen grumbled getting tired of his rambling.

"You may not have any problem with this Gwen, because she is not your sister and you're not the one who had to endure her judgements and disgust. What if she don't agree with us and reveal everything to my family?" Kevin screamed attracting the attention of other people in the diner.

"Kevin, calm down. I know you are wo-"

"No you don't know anything Helen” He snapped.

"You don't know how it feels to confront your sister who made you feel as low as she did. She sees me as nothing but a useless vermin. My skin is crawling at the thought of meeting her after all this time. You don't know how that feels. You don't know anything. How would you? You didn't have to face anything of those sort in your life" Kevin snapped making Helen fume in anger.

"Of course! I don't know. How would I know? After all, my famil-" This time her speech was interrupted by Gwen's hard tone.

"Guys, stop. We are in public. Do me a favor and keep your voice down. And Kevin, I know you are worried now. But that doesn't give you the right to act like this. Calm down”

"Stop acting like you-" Kevin hissed making me break the last of my patience.

"SHUT THE FUCK UP DUDE!" I growled banging on the table, which drew the attention of another group of annoyed eyes from the neighbouring tables.

Every one quietened down as I let out a deep sigh to calm myself down. I rubbed my forehead as my already raging headache was intensifying, thanks to their shouting match.

"Another cup of coffee?" Gwen asked to which I nodded.

I groaned, putting my head down on the table. I heard snickering but didn't bother lifting my head. I know all of them were enjoying my misery.

For fuck's sake! What the hell was I thinking getting myself drunk yesterday?

The last thing I remember about yesterday night was devouring countless glasses of red wine and some other shit I didn't even know the name of.

I don't know how I ended up in my bed and who brought me there.

And today to remind me about my crazy night, I woke up with a throbbing head. It was like someone was having a wild party in my head blasting music at high volume.

Taking a sip from the coffee that the waiter had placed a minute ago, I sighed in content.

"Kevin, we may not understand what exactly you're going through right now. But you need to realize that we all are here for you. I am sure she will be here. You don't have to fret over anything because you didn't do anything wrong. You don't have to get afraid or worry about anything. Don't give her the satisfaction of seeing you like this. That means they still have a power over you. I know it's hard to get over but that's why we are here. We have to do this in order to close this chapter. They aren't worth your worry Kevin." I said softly, trying to soothe him.

He sighed,

"I know guys.. b-but I'm just anxious. I don't know how she is going to take this. What if things goes downhill?" He asked nervously biting his thumb.