Chapter 38

Alexia

"What the fuck are we going to do now?" Kevin panicked running a hand through his hair.

"Whatever we do, don't let Aarvin get a wind of this. We already have enough on our plates with him knowing that I have his file, which now, I don't. God.! I don't even want to think about him knowing I lost it. But if we make the right moves, we can end things with the Winx and that is our priority." I said biting my lips anxiously.

"However Lex.. he will come to get the file and drive? What then? We are doomed” Helen said just as nervous as I was.

"But Lex is right. Things have come this far and there is only one night left for this to end"

"What are you implying?" Kevin asked turning to Gwen.

"Let's face it."

I wish I could.

***

The next morning, the news that Mr. Anderson has called off his deal with the Winx spread like wildfire.

The whole media was in uproar with the latest information of Aarvin terminating the deal without a proper explanation. Especially because it was not like him to do so with his reputation.

Many moguls had their moment of supremacy in front of the cameras going on and on about how unheard and uncalled Aarvin's decision was, expressing their unwanted displeasure.

It was obvious how much of an impact this decision had made on his reputation overnight.

There was even visuals showing Alfred Winx exiting Anderson's building with an extremely angry face. He even sweared at a reporter who was bombarding him with questions after questions about everything that has been going on.

Following him, Aarvin too exited the building as cool as a cucumber and faced the media. He'd answered each and every one of their questions without a tiny slip in his stoic face.

But when a reporter inquired him about the reason behind the annulment, the only answer was a tight lipped nod dismissing them. If one had looked a bit more keenly into those blank grey orbs, they could've seen the cold fury burning in them.

"Okay, lets get this over with" Helen breathed out not taking her eyes off the Winx’ mansion as we parked our car outside their gate.

I know it was not the perfect time for us to go in there and end it once and for all. At the same time, there was not a time more perfect than this as the heat of the morning news hasn't died down yet. So, here we are.

"Are you nervous?" I asked Kevin who was sitting beside me in Helen's car.

"No. I know now that they can't break me again. All that left is this…" He said looking at each one of us and tightened his hold on Gwen's hand. 

"…And they're not strong enough to break this. No one is"

"That's my boy" Gwen grinned, kissing the top of their linked hands.

"Okay, then! Time to move your asses" Helen sing-sanged getting out of the car as we followed her suit.

We walked through the gates and stood infront of the door before ringing the bell. Soon, the door opened revealing Emily- Victor's mother.

"Hello there, Isn't it a nice sur- What are you doing here?!” Emily grinned seeing us but that soon changed into a hard scowl when she saw the guys who stood behind us.

"What the he-"

"Ssh..." Helen shushed her cries with a appreciating nod and before the shock on her face could change into a dreadful scream, we all stepped past her and into the hall.