Chapter 68

Alexia

It has been three days since I have been back to the land of living and I am yet to have a moment alone with at least one of my dear friends fussing over me. After Aarvin left the day I woke up, he has barely been able to visit me.

Aarvin.

A small smile made it to my lips at the thought of him.

When he came barging into my room, I thought I would be mad at him. That I would make him sweat for his behaviour. But, that's simply not possible. When I know his fears, his reality, his love.

I was only too happy to be with him again. I was too close to losing him and everyone I love to take anyone for granted even for a second.

As much as Aarvin voiced his mind about all his guilt, anger and relief, his eyes spoke more about the aching depth of him. I saw the rawness of his feelings for me everytime he looked at me. Even now, my body remembers the way he embraced me, refusing to let go. My mind still remembers the way he trembled with so much emotion as his tears met my neck.

And even in his absence, I could feel the butterflies floating around in my stomach making me giggly.

In his arms, I felt the booming memories quiten. He was anchoring me back to safety with his warmth without even knowing. Becoming my saviour, my salvation.

Hell! I miss him so bad.

With me waking up, he had to slowly take up all the work he had been putting off in the week I had been unconscious. I know he mustn't have slept a wink between me, his brother and all his thoughts.

"Why the hell do you look like that?!"

Helen's voice brings me back to the hospital room, where we are waiting with Gwen for Kevin and Nordin to arrive with the news of my discharge.

"Like what?" I frowned.

"You should have seen your face. You were making an expression similar to the one which Gwen makes when Kevin is cooking. Like he is so proud of him but worried too and he want to cover him in a blanket and protect him from all the evil in the world but also want to fuck the living lights out-

"Holy shit, Helen! What even are you on?! Whatever it is, I think Lex got the picture. So Stop. Talking." Kevin came barging in with his face red as cherry and Nordin following his tail.

Gwen was laughing his ass off getting up to tackle his fiancé in a mocking hug.

Even I couldn't help but laugh at Kevin's reaction, blissfully aware of the escape from answering her initial question.

"Why is your face so red? I was just stating facts. Oh well! Nobody likes honesty these days. Right, Noah?"

"Absolutely." Nordin swooped in to lift Helen off the chair she was sitting and sat down, pulling her down to sit on his lap.

"Look who is all blushing and giggling and red now." Kevin didn't miss a second to give right back as both him and Gwen settled next to each other on the small couch in the room.

I laughed harder. My eyes connected with Kevin's as he looked at me with satisfaction. I moved my sight to Gwen who was just watching me with eyes that shone with relief and a hint of lingering worry. I didn't miss the way he was clutching Kevin's hand tightly.

"Ugh. Stop.." Helen hid her face on Nordin's shoulders as he kissed her head with a soft smile.

"Ok. Ok. So what did they say? Can I go today? Now?" I asked once everyone quiet down their laugher. I was only eager to get out of the hospital.