Chapter 26

Alexia

Stepping outside the car, I looked up at the huge mansion that stood infront of us in all it's majestic glory.

It's a three storied building with enormous pillars and doors. It is painted in golden colour giving off a royal and untouchable aura. The mansion was surrounded by elegantly kept garden with different types of flowers whose fragrance wafted the whole air giving us a fresh and aromatic breath.

"Did Kevin live.... here?" Helen asked disbelievingly staring wide eyed at the huge mansion infront of us.

"I think so..." I replied faintly, finally closing my mouth before I catch a fly or bee fluttering about the garden.

They're loaded!! Goodness gracious! Never have I ever seen such a house in my entire life! It was really over the top-so much over the top-I mean ex.tra.va.gant! And they didn't even feel like providing their son with even a dollar to his name?! Disgusting rich baffoons! He is their heir for f*ck's sake!!!

Shaking the thought off my mind I plastered a fake smile on my face and walked towards Aarvin who patiently stood before the front door waiting for us.

Giving us a curt nod in assurance he rang the bell and within seconds the door was pulled open by a butler who  led us to a large room, which I assumed as the living room.

The sound of our heels echoed all along our way down the hall which helped little to ease the beating of my nerves. Beside me, Helen walked looking as garceful and elegant. She held her chin high in the air in confident and daring manner which didn't fail to make me envy at her bold behavior. Sensing my stare she looked at me and gave a small smile and nod.

I smiled. Letting out a breath I raised my chin slightly to match that of hers and made our way into the awaiting hosts of our day.

Just as we stepped in to the hall, I felt a broad palm pressing into the small of my back giving me a sudden start and I let out a small eek at the contact.

Surprised, I turned my head at Aarvin who tilted his head towards the direction of the hall, urging me to continue moving. His face doesn't hold any kind expression and for a second, I stood there frozen.

His touch was not unsettling or at the least bit offensive, but was too gentle for my liking.

Nodding my head I straightened my spine and walked through the door well aware of his hand on my lower back.

On entering, six pairs of eyes turned toward us and a man-I think in his early fifties-stepped forward to greet him with a gleeful smile on his face.

"So glad you could make it, Mr. Anderson." He said shaking his hands with Aarvin.

"Likewise, Mr. Winx." His tone was not different from what he used with us. But it held more firmness and authority.

After the small welcoming from the man, Aarvin looked at me and took my hand in his.

"Let me introduce my girlfriend, th-" My introduction was rudely inturrepted by an ear piercing shriek.

"Girlfriend?!" A feminine voice cried making me wince.

The owner of the voice was a girl not less than my age, wearing a deep v- necked green dress which reaches her mid thighs. But what caught my attention the most, would be her eyes with thick dark lashes and emerald green orbs. Her brown hair is tied in a messy loose bun with some strands falling to the side of her heart shaped face. She is so beautiful that girls would probably die to be like her.

Fortunately, not me.

She is looking at me and Aarvin in complete perplexity.

"Yes Miss. Winx, my girlfriend Alexia." He said with his right arm still holding my waist.