Chapter 19

Alexia

"How did you do that?” Kevin gaped wide-eyed as we scrolled down the street after our little stunt back at the house.

Biting back a smile, I looked up to see the sky which was lit up by the sun's rays, trying to reach the Earth, slowly but surely pushing back the darkness that was shadowing the Earth just a few hours ago.

I let out a sigh of satisfaction that has been buried deep inside me for ages. What did I do to feel like this? I don't know. But today, to know that our action- no, our decision to retaliate has brought justice to one of us, to know I was also a part of it …to realise that I too can do something, has brought me the feeling. The feeling of self satisfction.

To realise that maybe one day I can get my jusice too...

"Jesus, Lex! Really!! Just tell us already. " Gwen seconded Kevin turning towards me.

Looking around, I saw three pairs of eyes looking at me with curiosity making me chuckle.

"Okay then, tell me, Did you really think that after hearing her story I would just sit there until you guys agree with my decision? Instead of sitting in the house until you agree with me, I decided to do some inquiries of my own. So what awaited me when I got to his house was the steamy scene between him and a girl which looked barely 18. I guessed it will come handy and when I did some follow up investigation and met up with her, my theory was confirmed. She was in fact a minor and was just working as a prostitute willingly for money. With a little bluff about police and stuff and voilà!! We have our success!” I ended my speech with a smirk earning myself an appreciative whistle and proud pat on my shoulder from my crime partners.

“So…You are all-out into the game, huh?” Helen smirked raising an eyebrow.

"Definetly.”

“When did you become this wicked? When we first met, you seemed so..so..depressed and broken” Kevin asked biting his lips.

"The answer is simple my boy, my life experiences taught me how to survive, and I learned from every single mistakes without fail." I said mischievously.

"Well, It's almost seven. How many of you are ready for a coffee?” Gwen asked throwing his hands around Kevin's shoulder and pulling him close.

We all agreed to him and started walking in search of a cafe.

After almost fifteen minutes of wandering around, we reached a cafe named ‘Blue Blooms'. Entering, we ordered coffee for all of us.

“What's next?" Kevin asked plopping down on the chair opposite to me. Next to him sat Gwen and Helen sat between me and Gwen.

"Nothing. What we need now is a proper rest and then a plan. If we are going to approach your problem with the same ease as in mine, then it is nothing but nonsense. We are talking about the Winx here. We can't jump in to the case without a proper plan." Helen nodded leaning back in her chair and crossing her arms across her chest.

"She is right. We are talking about the ones who threw their only son to the streets for the sake of their faces in front of the media." Gwen frowned showing his utter disgust on even thinking about them.

Even though he sounded strong, the guilt and doubt in his eyes was easily visible. To think he is the reason for Kevin's fall..

I placed my hand on his and offered  a smile.

"It's not your fault Gwen. They value fame and money over anything else in this world. For people like them, family and feelings doesn't even stand as a choice. If they can't accept what makes their son happy, then they have to face it's consequences. Nothing in this world is free. Everything costs something. If they want to latch onto power and fame over their loved ones, then lets make sure they pay the price for their choice. I hope you're okay with this Kevin…”I said, directing the last sentence towards Kevin.