Summer 2015/The First Song

Track #1: I Know What You Did Last Summer

***

Shawn's POV

Summer 2015

The amount of people around me is colossal, it's crazy. I can't look anywhere without meeting someone else's eyes directly, which makes me a little uncomfortable. I ignore the noise of voices muttering secrets and shouting orders, of hurried footsteps against the tiles, of the light music someone decided to play to improve the atmosphere, as if that's possible. I just want to get out of here, but Andrew won't let me even if I beg him to.

I put my phone aside with the intention of distracting myself from the stupid jokes Brian keeps sending me nonstop, pick up my guitar and play some chords that have been echoing in my head for a couple of days now, trying to make some sense of them. And that's when I feel the urge to look up, my fingers come to a screeching halt on the strings and my heart starts pounding harder.

~Flashback~

Summer 2014

Andrew drags me with him to a small room where I'm supposed to wait for my turn to open the concert. What I didn't expect was to find more people inside, among them the five members of what I recognize as the group Fifth Harmony, and of course Austin. The introductions are brief, after all I have to get ready to go out and sing in front of a bunch of fans.

I manage to escape into the hallway to be alone with my thoughts, but it only lasts a couple of minutes because someone touches my shoulder gently to get my attention. I lower my gaze to a pair of brown eyes belonging to Camila. Why do I remember her name?

- Hey!- She greets me with exaggerated enthusiasm and I instantly like her. I smile at her without being able to help it.- Shawn, right?

- That's right.- I nod repeatedly. My hands start to sweat for no logical reason.

- Would you like to join me in the dining room? I need something sweet to relax.- She jokes, but pleads with her hands clasped in front of her.

- Mmm... yeah, right.- I mumble like a complete idiot. I avert my gaze to the hallway and a possible exit.- Do you know where that is?

- Not really, but I want to get out of here.- She shrugs.

Without warning she takes me by the arm and leads me down the hall with her. A strange electric current runs through my skin where she touches me, and later I would realize that this girl would be someone important from now on.

~

I swallow as I see her smile and approach me with decisive steps. I stand up as if something magnetic draws me to her and wrap my arms around her when she runs to meet me.

- Shawnyboy!- My heart skips a beat when I hear her.

- Camila, how are you?- I ask once she moves away from me.

- I'm great. Ready to party.- She laughs doing a little dance.- There are a lot of people here.- She murmurs in complicity looking around.

- Yes, I was just thinking the same thing.

God, why can't I look away? It's just Camila. Yes, it's just Camila, the prettiest girl who has ever crossed my path. I stop my thoughts before I let my imagination fly in front of her, I'd better leave them for when I write my lyrics.

- Hey, do you want to go out for a while?- She proposes, pouting adorably and pointing to the door she came in.

- I'd like to, but I can't leave until the show is over. I've exhausted all my efforts to convince Drew.- I roll my eyes, sitting back down on the couch.