June.14.19/Let's Make This Real (3/3)

(Surprise surprise!! Are you ready??)

Track #24: Shameless

***

Camila's POV

June 14, 2019

I try to have a peaceful breakfast watching some rerun episode of Friends on TV to pass the time on this cold morning. Leo chases Sofi in the backyard, barking madly for her to let go of his leash. We still haven't figured out how we will send the dogs back to Miami with my abuelita, as the house will be temporarily empty until I finish my pending events. Back to reality...

- Camila, we need to discuss this.

Gian looks at me worried, but I find it hard to take him seriously when he shakes out his hairy pants thanks to Thunder who keeps walking back and forth between his legs.

- I'm not in the mood to return to the subject. - I shrug, carrying my empty plate into the kitchen to wash it. He follows close behind me, leaning on the counter with his planner in his hands. - I already did what you wanted and he gave me his word.

- And you believe him? - He questions, raising an eyebrow.

- Yes, I do.

- Are you sure?

- Yes! For God's sake. - It gets on my nerves to have to repeat myself.

I know he just wants to do his job well, but he should trust me a little more.

~Flashback~

Not even an hour had passed since Shawn had left the set and Gian along with Roger sat me down in their office to talk about something very serious. I was already dreading it, but the annoyance was still growing inside me as I listened to them exchange ideas on how to solve the problem that ''I had gotten them involved in''. It might be a problem for them, but I honestly couldn't care less. And the worst part is that my parents sided with them, ganging up on me, sure that if we are not careful with this it will get out of hand sooner or later.

So in an effort to reassure everyone, I preferred to take care of the matter before they did something rash. With a big knot in my stomach, anxious to get this horrible stage over with, I found myself texting him a few days later, because I'm such a coward that I couldn't press the call button.

Me: ~Hey, Matthew. It's Camila. I guess you'd know if you haven't blocked me yet, are you available?~

Obviously he had to call me instead of answering in a simple message. I raise the phone to my ear and I'm sure he can hear my agitated breathing on the other end.

- Camila, how are you? - I'm surprised by his good mood. Although it could be faked, who knows?

- Let's say fine. This is a bit...

- Uncomfortable? Yes, I know. - Finish the sentence for me in view of the fact that I've run out of words to express how I feel about having to talk to him again. - But it's no problem at all. Tell me, what do you need?

I really imagined a crowded pile of possible scenarios, where most of them ended in a fight for risking to ask something to the one who is now my... ex, but it never crossed my mind that he would be so willing to do something for me. At least not after what happened, after what I did to him....

- I'm sorry, Matt. Hmm it's just... - I hesitate, thinking carefully about how to approach the issue. - I need to ask you a favor. Or rather... my team. - I stand corrected, because this was one of their ''wonderful ideas'', not mine.