Sept.4.19/You Are The Only One (2/2)

(I wasn't sure about posting this, but I got carried away...)

Track #28: Always Been You

***

Shawn's POV

September 4, 2019

I drink my third cup of coffee of the day while the crew enters the apartment with their cameras and microphones on their shoulders. I clear the living room for them to settle in and let them decide when to shoot, I'll just pretend they're not here as long as they don't talk to me directly as we've already agreed. Make it look as natural as possible. Tainy, the lead cameraman Cez sent this time, asks me if my girlfriend would be willing to give a short interview to attach to the project and I just smile hesitantly. I've been dreading this moment... she could say anything about me and embarrass me.

I go in search of her to consult with her in person and find her in the middle of a mess in my bedroom. She snorts somewhat irritated with her own mess, which I don't know why she made in the first place. Everything was packed and ready for her trip in a couple of hours, I helped her myself this morning in her desperation.

I knock on the door a couple of times to get her attention and she raises her head with a frown.

- Shawn, did I give you something earlier? - She questions with confusion painted on her face.

- Not that I remember.

- Then where is it? - She mumbles through her teeth, tipping the contents of her suitcase onto the bed.

I have no idea what she's referring to but, after two months of dating, I've learned not to ask her anything when she gets that attitude. The last time we went out fighting over a little thing, and the hysteria of not knowing where she leaves her things makes her lose her temper and take it out on whoever it is as if the others are to blame. One of us has to keep calm, right?

I fold my arms silently leaning against the door frame, mentally counting the seconds it takes her to find the missing object she swore the ghosts had taken when in reality it was right under her nose all this time.

- Shawn, there you go, sweetie. - She holds out a lined package.

- What's this?

- Open it.

I do as she says and carefully untie the ribbons revealing what appears to be a neatly folded sweater inside. The blue garment has a phrase from her first single (which by the way I already had the chance to listen to) printed on the front, but what blows me away is the back.

- Damn, is this my girlfriend? - I exclaim detailing the photograph which is a winged work of art. My little angel... - She's so hot. - I tease winking at her.

- Put it on. - She giggles adorably with her cheeks flushed at my compliment. - You're the first to have it before the official launch.

- I'm honored.

I ditch the one I'm wearing to exchange it and am overwhelmed by the sweet scent of the fabric. I vaguely wonder if she has worn it before.

- It looks perfect on you. - She murmurs looking at me with bright, eager eyes.

I don't let myself be distracted by her charms, although God knows how much I would like to, and I steal a kiss from her before I leave my room leaving her alone to pack her heavy suitcase again, forgetting the purpose for which I went looking for her in the first place. It's okay, we have time...

Tainy and the others already have their cameras on when I return, and I don't quite know what to do as I wander around the apartment to the kitchen with the excuse of washing the dishes from the shared lunch I ordered with my girlfriend. What would I normally be doing? Composing music. But truth be told I've had a rough patch in the last few weeks and inspiration is kind of blocked somewhere in my brain. And that's so frustrating.