July.3.20/Something Called Love (1/3)

(WARNING: +18) 🔥🔥🔥

Track #36: Wonder

***

Shawn's POV

July 3, 2020

- Do you trust me?

- I'm taking it into consideration right now, mi amor....

Mila laughs with her particular outrageous girlish giggle that would deafen anyone within inches of her, as is my case... But nothing makes me happier than seeing her this happy after so many ups and downs in these last couple of months. I would even dare to say that she is a bit anxious, in a good way, squeezing my hand with extreme force as if her life depended on this precise moment that seems an imminent danger for her, fearing to stumble on the way while keeping her eyes tightly closed as I indicated a few minutes ago. Still I cover them with my free hand not wanting to risk the surprise being ruined so soon.

All the stars in the sky know how many nights I spent thinking about this day, and I can only hope that she likes what I have prepared. Although the circumstances surrounding this celebration are not... the best... or the most ideal, if I may say so. I did my best, but to be honest I would have loved to do much more, because she deserves it. That Queen deserves the whole world at her feet.

The summer sun is in full splendor illuminating the spacious house through the glass windows, giving a dreamy look at this time of the morning. I guide my girlfriend gently, at a slow pace taking care of her safety, to the backyard where Sofi finishes putting the last baskets on the plaid blanket spread out on the lawn, holding her own laughter as she sees her dear sister about to throw a tantrum for me to tell her once and for all what I'm up to.

- Are you ready? - I whisper in her ear and feel her tremble, completely in anticipation.

She nods wordlessly with a big smile etched on her face with cheeks as red as a tomato that fills me with happiness just looking at her. I remove my hand from her eyes counting backwards from three and Sofi screams "surprise!" raising her arms more than thrilled that I let her participate in this great event at the beginning of her school vacation.

Mila's face is priceless. In awe, she looks around where dozens of sunflowers adorn the place, buried in pots of different colors and sizes, contrasting with the bright blue sky above our heads. I would have brought many more but Sofi said I was overdoing it... Anyway, everything looks spectacular. Or so I think.

The white pennants with our initials intertwined that Sofi so patiently designed, printed and cut out under my sister's remote supervision via facetime, flutter in the wind. This was certainly a team effort. The impromptu breakfast picnic is waiting for us a couple of meters from the pool. A large banner in shades of platinum and gold has been hung in the background on the wall of the outside corridor on the occasion of our special celebration. A whole year together! I still can't believe it. I feel like I'm floating on clouds.

- Oh my goodness, how beautiful! - Mila exclaims jumping in place and her eyes sparkle enchantingly exploring every nook and cranny.

Sofi and I high-five in sly victory, both of us smiling just as much, if not more, than my girlfriend. She turns to us without being able to formulate any words, overwhelmed by the spiral of emotions she must be feeling right now. She looks divine as always, with her long yellow flowered dress and her black hair tied in a tight knot letting me see her angelic features completely.

- I thought... we'd wait until tomorrow. - She mutters breathlessly, evidently surprised. That's what I wanted to achieve.

- We can celebrate two days in a row. It's even better, don't you think? - I say playfully pulling her into a tight hug. Mila laughs and nods adorably. - Happy anniversary, mi vida.