June.4.19/Let's Make This Real (2/3)

Track #24: Shameless

***

Shawn's POV

June 4, 2019

Would you get a grip, Shawn? You almost ruined everything!

This doesn't usually happen to me, for obvious reasons. My experience with girls is very limited, and being in that position with Camila brought me to the brink of a breakdown. Having her that close, scantily clad... I better stop thinking about it before I need another intervention. Fuck, what that girl does to me....

I take a deep breath that cleanses me of overly indecent thoughts, which have been running through my head for the last half hour since I left the set. Andrew and Brian have been trying to get into my dressing room to make sure I'm still alive after such a scene in front of a large group of witnesses, but there's no way I'm going to let them see me like this: hyperventilating, sweating and shaking like a leaf. I've already smeared all over my white t-shirt with makeup, ruining my assistant's precarious job. At least there's no more nudity today... I hope so. It was idiotic of me to propose doing the scene like that. How must she have felt?

And as if I had summoned her, a couple of timid knocks alert me to her presence outside my dressing room. I don't have to see her to know it's her, it's as if an invisible rope is tying us together and I can't let go. Nor am I interested in letting go for the rest of my life, which I hope will be very long and fulfilling.

I open the door in panic, fearing that she will come to provoke me in some way as only she knows how. Wrapped in her big wool cardigan, she stares at me with her arms crossed, biting her lip. Her bright eyes are further illuminated by the yellow spotlights in the mirror behind me and I can see every feature of her face, a frown marring her beauty. She smiles at the sight of me, but her good mood doesn't last long and she turns back into an ugly grimace of sadness.

- Shawn, are you okay? - She whispers, tilting her head, analyzing me. - You were gone for a long time. Dave and Andrew are worried.

- Yeah, yeah. I just... needed to cool off. - My cheeks heat up and I move out of her way so she can't see my face. - Come in.

I take a seat away from her, rummaging through the mini-fridges for a bottle of water to help distract me from the goddess in front of me, who drags a plastic chair to sit next to me. I feel cornered.

- Would you like some? - From her pocket she pulls a small, half-empty bottle of an amber liquor. My danger alerts go off automatically.

- You, me and a bottle of tequila. - I nod with amusement, remembering the last time we were involved in a situation like this. The saddest of all. - Bad combination.

I raise my bottle of Flow water in rejection of her offer and she snorts, taking a shot straight from the glass nozzle. She grimaces in disgust, coughing from the burn the alcohol must give her. She never did like tequila; I don't understand why she's risking something so strong now.