May.28.19/Putting My Defenses Up

~Dedicated to wyrinthedark (thanks for the idea!!!) ❤

Track #20: Señorita

***

Camila's POV

May 28, 2019

It took me hours of sleep to assimilate all the new information gathered in that horrible discussion. Shawn admitted that he's loved me since he was only 17, while I had realized my feelings for him long before that, maybe since the very first night we met again back there in the big backstage of the 1989 Tour, full to bursting with people. But I felt like there was no one else in the room with us, just me and him, forming such a nice connection that made us the best of friends. But everything has changed and that friendship is gone.

How immature we've been, Shawn....

I know at some point I considered his album to be stupid but that was my angry subconscious thinking for me. Despite the stories he tells, particularly in the second half of the album, I do recognize that he and his team did an excellent job musically. Shawn does nothing but get better and the quality of his voice is amazing. In My Blood is by far one of my favorites.

I came into the studio today with a different mindset. I left my personal problems out and I'm being as professional as I can be, and I know he shares my opinion as well. We are simply two young artists who by chance of life got back together to create a new piece of art. Well, okay, I was a pain in the ass but I ended up agreeing. I just hope this is worth it....

I open the door and everyone in the room stops what they are doing to look at me. Shawn gives me a brief wave but chooses not to approach, instead his friend Brian jumps up from the couch with a giant smile on his face that instantly rubs off on me. We've spoken a couple of times on the phone but this is the first time we've met face to face. He extends his arms around me and a second later I can't feel the ground beneath my feet.

- Brian, put me down! - I laugh, punching his arm lightly.

- The legendary Camila... Cabello. - He struggles with the correct pronunciation of my last name and looks sideways at Shawn as if seeking his approval.

- How are you? - I greet him properly and finish entering the studio, leaving my backpack on the table next to me.

- Excellent! - I love his energy. I understand why Shawn considers him his best friend. - I'd stay to watch the session but someone doesn't want me here interrupting. - He mumbles tilting his head at Shawn who grimaces in disgust behind us. - I'll see you tonight, okay?

- Yes, of course. - I smile warmly at him and watch him walk away dancing strangely.

I look at Shawn but he is focused on his phone, maybe ignoring me on purpose. I say hello to Benny and my friend Watt who are discussing how we should proceed to include my vocals in the audio track.

Well, let's get this started....

***