May.20.18/Back To You

Track #16: When You're Ready

***

Shawn's POV

May 20, 2018

- We're in Las Vegas, baby! We're going to celebrate big time! Aren't we, Shawn? - I hear Tiff yell from the other side of the suite.

- Hell yes! - I reply finishing brushing my teeth in the bathroom.

I return to my wonderful team, all spread out in different parts of the suite doing their respective activities. The champagne glasses have already been poured by a staff member and they rotate them among themselves in a round of applause and cheering. The music is at a fairly loud but moderate volume so as not to disturb the neighboring guests and sets the mood perfectly for this little party they have set up. Everyone is in an excellent mood this morning and I will make sure it stays that way.

My stylist rushes to put away The Kooples costumes she has brought with her in their fabric dress holders, to prevent them from accidentally getting stained. The one I'll be wearing has already been taken to the venue along with the CK shoes and I don't have to worry about anything else except getting to rehearsals.

On the other hand, Anna, the hair assistant, is singing at the top of her lungs to one of Katy Perry's hits and is busy annoying Mike who is sitting next to her eating fried food from a tray they have brought. Zubin is focused on his phone sipping on his drink and Brian is dancing in the middle of the room making Tiff laugh. Cez, who we recently hired, has left to coordinate the concert arrangements and Andrew has just walked in the door looking very serious.

- The flowers are already assembled for the first performance. - He mumbles without even taking his eyes off his phone.

- Drew, put that down. Relax. - I hold out a glass of chilled champagne and he receives it reluctantly.

There's been a lot going on in the last few months, so I understand his stress. But we're trying to take it easy and have as much fun as possible, so we're using this space to celebrate how well the album has done without even being fully released. We're only five days away...

- This week has been amazing, hasn't it? - I smile at him, draping an arm around his shoulders.

- Yes, it has. - He smiles back at me sighing and puts the phone in his back pocket.

- Performances with giants Khalid and John Mayer, then the Reputation Tour with my good friend Taylor... We just shot the Nervous video and the Tour was announced... - I recount what happened this week. - It's all been incredible.

- Yes, that's right. - He repeats, smiling more nonchalantly.

- I can't wait for everyone to hear the album. - I smile visibly excited. - Remember the faces of the lucky fans who attended the Listening Party?

 - Remember the faces of the lucky fans who attended the Listening Party?