May.29.19/Losing Control (1/2)

Track #22: Liar

***

Camila POV

May 29, 2019

The car's wheels squeal on the pavement and it comes to a stop in the parking lot behind me. Sunlight reflects off its untouched pure black varnish, framing the red headlights that fade a second later. The tinted windows reveal shadows of movement inside and I know who it is when I see just his sculpted silhouette in the back seat. Something tells me he's watching me right now because I feel a tense current run through my neck.

Gian and Roger are talking to mamá about banal topics while Sara, Ramone and Calvit play with his bulldog that seems to need a diaper because he pees every chance he gets. Shawn's friend Connor, who will be joining us to record rehearsals these days, taps my shoulder to let me know that Sara needs me at the front desk of the dance studio.

She patiently explains what we'll be doing today and I wonder why she's only telling me, but it's clear when she lets me know her intent to get me physically involved with Shawn in more ways than one that will take me into uncharted territory I don't want to explore.

- Sara, you can't do this to me. - I hang on her arm just making her laugh.

- What, did you think I'd make him dance with a plant? - She shakes her head in amusement.

- Well... no. - Although that's not such a bad idea, I'd even make him dance with the dog if I could. - But what you want to show us is very dangerous.

- Don't be so dramatic. - She grabs my shoulders, looking at me apprehensively. She looks like a character from the Trolls with that fiery orange hair. - Enjoy the moment, you'll thank me later.

- Matthew won't like this at all. - I snort in annoyance.

- Fuck Matthew. - She exclaims with a grimace of disgust wrapping her arms around me protectively. - Today your beau will be Shawn, who by the way just arrived. - She whispers and makes me look towards the entrance.

The first thing my eyes catch is his attire, more casual than I'm used to seeing him in. Well, after all we are going to get a lot of exercise together today (more than I'd like to admit). Then I notice his adorable pale face, full of terror by the way, and get caught up in his glowing brown eyes darting back and forth to Connor with his video camera on ready for the epic show we're about to perform.

 Then I notice his adorable pale face, full of terror by the way, and get caught up in his glowing brown eyes darting back and forth to Connor with his video camera on ready for the epic show we're about to perform

- Are you nervous? - His friend asks him avoiding laughing so his voice doesn't leak into the audio.

- This is my worst nightmare... - Shawn mutters looking at me for a second before turning back to Connor, wobbling nervously unable to sit still. - ...having to dance.

Sara releases me encouraging me to go say hello but I don't want to, I'm not ready to face him, not after what happened last night. I accompany my friend to plug her laptop into the studio speakers and distract myself by playing with Pepsi sitting on the wooden floor. It would have been great to bring Leo with me, too bad he preferred to stay in Sofi's arms sleeping with her this morning. Just when I need comfort he decides to abandon me, at least I have Thunder left to...