Jan.27.18/Holding On

Track #12: Mutual

***

Shawn's POV

January 27, 2018

I walk the carpet smiling for the cameras pretending to be happy, but the reality is different

I walk the carpet smiling for the cameras pretending to be happy, but the reality is different. After the call with Camila I begged Andrew not to come, to say I was sick or something and to excuse me for my non-attendance. But that doesn't matter now, we are already here and I will have to endure whatever comes no matter how hard it is; however that doesn't mean I don't want to be here anymore. So at the slightest opportunity I take off, with Andrew following me and hissing under his breath for me to stop and stop acting like a child. I'm about to respond to him totally irritated when I see her walk in stunning in her black dress, taking my breath away once again. I'm seriously hating her right now. I hate loving her so much even though she breaks my heart. How can someone be the cause of me wanting to live and die at the same time?

I hide as best I can behind other artists attending this big party so I don't have to talk to her

I hide as best I can behind other artists attending this big party so I don't have to talk to her. I don't know why you're trying so hard, Shawn. You'll still see her later. I know, but my head is still crazy. I need time to assimilate the fact that someone else has come into her life, but I'm thankful that guy isn't here right now, otherwise I'd collapse at putting a name and face to the thief who took her from me in a matter of weeks....

- Do you want to leave? - Andrew mutters discreetly.

- Yeah, isn't it obvious? - I growl through my teeth. I'm starting to feel hot from the stress.

- Well, we can't, Shawn. - He refuses with an apologetic shrug.

- Please, Drew. Help me.

- I'm sorry, that's just the way it is. - He grimaces as he sees my totally disappointed face.

***

I pour myself another glass of water while we wait for our guest to arrive. I was supposed to be alone with her.... but I don't think my more than wounded heart can take it. So Drew will have to stay, if he doesn't want me to fire him in the morning. I keep drumming my fingers on the table, fiddling with the silverware and the jars of spices for the pizza we just ordered.