Chapter 10

Sorry it's a short one!

"Wait, so you're saying that like little worms came out of Barriss' nose and stuff?" y/n could barely contain his laughter as he listened to Ahsoka recount her story. They had finished training and y/n had reassembled his MagnaGuards, now they were in the mess hall.

"No, well firstly there was only one and it came out of her mouth like a tiny viper tongue-"

"Gross," he grinned and stuffed another spoonful of unflavoured goo into his mouth. "But continue please."

Smiling at the distant memory of when she and Barriss were still young, inexperienced Padawans, Ahsoka took a bite of her own lunch.

"And second, I saved a platoon of 501st clones from being mentally and physically controlled by a terrible Geonosian parasite,"

y/n raised his eyebrows.

"Lastly, I stopped a medical station from being destroyed and all its patients from dying. So yeah, no big deal," she finished, smirking. "What about you? What's the moment that you remember best?"

Stroking his chin comically, y/n pretended to be deep in thought.

"I did almost fire Master Obi-Wan Kenobi and myself out of a cannon once, that was fun," he laughed.

Her spoon was halfway to her mouth when Ahsoka paused and turned to look at him.

She spluttered, "You know Master Kenobi too?"

The mess hall was suddenly drowned with noise as a youngling Clan entered for their mid-day mealtime. y/n nudged her, smiling slightly, and pointed with his chin at the pupils. Both of their thoughts immediately drifted to the times of they had in the Raxshir Clan.

After a while the loud chatter died down and y/n could finally speak again without Ahsoka having to strain her ears to listen.

He chewed on the remainder of his food as he recounted his story.

"There were ten seconds left before a bomb exploded onboard a Republican freighter carrying supplies to Ryloth. One team, including myself and Master Kenobi, had been sent onto the Separatist Destroyer to try and disarm the bomb through the command centre. We did so, but we were cornered in the escape pod launch room. We had made sure all the other clones had already cleared out, and there were no life craft left," y/n paused briefly to sip from his glass of Jawa Juice. Ahsoka had found that when it came to situations where he was helping others and not fighting directly in the war, y/n was more excited to talk about his adventures.

"Enemy droids were closing in, we were outnumbered heavily and within seconds the Separatists would have found us. Master Kenobi found an unloaded cannon, one of those old models with a hole for the ammunition, and we hid ourselves inside. The next second, the droids entered the room, they didn't see us, thankfully. I used the Force and pressed the button that would open the airlock, and because we were hidden cosily inside the cannon, we weren't sucked out into space."

"But," he stopped dramatically, leaving Ahsoka hanging on to his every word, "as one of the droids went spinning off into the void, its hand brushed against the cannon's launch lever. We felt the deep thrum as it started to power up. Master Kenobi was able to close to airlock and I ignited my lightsaber and sliced the cannon, so thanks to our teamwork we are both alive today."

Quite satisfied, y/n finished his anecdote. "You mentioned you know Master Kenobi? Not a surprise, I believe he was Master Skywalker's own Master." A reverent expression came over his face as he spoke of the Hero With No Fear.

Ahsoka smirked, proud that she was Anakin's Padawan.

If you guys don't know, the Geonosian parasite thing was from The Clone Wars Season 2 Episode 8: Brain Invaders. Go watch it if you haven't already!