Before-28

Ahsoka Tano walked out of the mess hall, leaving her only reminder of her youngling life behind. Just as she was about to exit the sliding door, his familiar, comforting voice spoke.

"Hey, 'Soka?"

She turned her head and fixed her eyes on his face. She was going to miss his company and everything else about him, despite his annoying attitude.

"Yeah?"

"Good luck."

She smiled. It was real this time.

"May the Force be with you."

Ahsoka was upstairs in the Jedi Council Chamber. Large floor-to-ceiling windows let in warm Coruscant sunlight and lit the room. The floor was painted a dull reddish colour, with a large yellow circle decorated with patterns in the centre of the space. Plush, comfy red recliner chairs framed the yellow circle. Jedi Masters lounged on them, whilst those who were not present at the time appeared as hovering blue holograms.

"Ahsoka Tano," Master Yoda croaked. The Togruta nodded nervously.

"You are to become a Padawan," Plo Koon, the Kel Dor Jedi who had brought her into the Order, said kindly. "Are you ready to rise into the next rank?"

"Yes, Master Koon. I am," Ahsoka spoke loudly and clearly, though she was shaking inside from excitement, nervousness and a whole other jumble of confusing feelings.

"You are to be appointed to a Master who will train you as a Padawan," Saesee Tinn said.

"We will decide who is the most appropriate Jedi to train you until you yourself become a full member of the Order," Ki-Adi Mundi stated, stroking his wispy white beard, already contemplating and thinking.

"You are brash, young Tano," Mace Windu said without emotion. Turning towards his fellow Council members, the dark-skinned Jedi said, "We must allocate her a patient Master who can teach her the importance of self-control."

"Or even better," Master Yoda suggested thoughtfully, "A Jedi who himself requires the art of patience."

Murmurs filled the room. Ahsoka felt exposed being the centre of their discussion, having the Jedi's eyes boring down at her, as if seeing through and into her soul. They probably could if they wanted to. Nervously, Ahsoka bit her bottom lip and fought the urge to listen to the Masters' conversations.

Eventually the chatter died down, and this time Adi Gallia spoke.

"I see bravery inside you, Ahsoka," the Tholothian smiled. "She will do well in the Clone Wars. I suggest we put her with an active, strong Jedi." Around her the Masters nodded, deep in thought.

"Her spirit is fierce," Even Piell mused, his one scarred and blind eye scrunched up as he pondered. "She should be put with a reckless Jedi, as Master Yoda suggested, so both Master and apprentice benefit from this situation," he said in his thick accent.

"And, stubborn, she is. Aggressive and feisty, and cocky. Likes to follow her heart, I see," Coleman Kcaj murmured, looking at Ahsoka with a sparkle of humour in his eyes. Ahsoka shrank away from the Jedi's gaze. "Yet she is loyal and brave and determined, strong and kind."

Ahsoka breathed out in relief, glad that the Master's view was not that negative.

"I think we all know who young Tano reminds us of," Kit Fisto chuckled.

"Yes, he is currently stationed in Christophsis," Shaak Tii, a Togrutan Jedi, commented.

Ahsoka had intended her voice come out strong and confident, but instead it was squeaky and soft. "Who is my Master?" She asked, her stomach fluttering like a fly insect and churning like angry Kaminoan seas.

"Anakin Skywalker, your Master shall be," Master Yoda smiled.

TEEHEE