Chapter 49

yall gonna luv this chappie

also damn look at me go! actually uploading on time! two parts in a month already and more is brewing. anyways lemme know what you think of this and i hope you enjoy!

oh yeah. SEND ME A HECK LOAD OF COMMENTS I LOVE READING THEM LOL

A/N: this chappie has been slightly edited as of 17/04/2023. i added more substance and text and stuff...should be juicy. anyways read on

It was as if Ahsoka had suddenly woken up from a dream. She sprang into action.

Anec had slipped their lightsabers into his belt as a sort of trophy, and Ahsoka used the Force to snatch them as she dashed to the edge of the balcony. Vaulting over, she felt the sleeves of her dress fully rip and immediately there was more freedom for movement.

She used the Force to cushion her landing and without breaking a stride, ignited one of her lightsabers, the other hand holding y/n's and her shoto.

There was an eruption of shouting, yelling and very loud cussing from the slavers above.

"Kill the Jedi! Open fire!" Anec's voice roared.

The blaster bolts began to rain down like fire. She deflected them as she ran, sprinting towards y/n. Ahsoka was more worried for him; he had no form of defence, but she at least had her weapon.

She reached his bloodied form and tucked the two lightsabers under the arm that wasn't holding the lightsaber.

With her free hand, she grabbed y/n's arm, gently but swiftly pulling his prostrate body towards the tame rancors. Blaster shots whizzed passed them, making marks and shooting up sand.

Ahsoka was protecting y/n's body more than her own, and suddenly, a hot wave of pain rushed through her calf. She stumbled and winced, but continued running. Her lone lightsaber moved with unimaginable speed and accuracy, sending the blaster bolts ricocheting back. A few hit the spectators in the stands.

They entered under the shadow of the nearest rancor. The creature's tough hide resisted all the blaster bolts, and for a few moments Ahsoka was able to breathe and think. y/n's moaning and sharp intakes of breath made it hard for her to concentrate.

"Look at me." She shook him slightly, wincing as she saw the yawning puncture wound, his blood mixing with his sweat and the sand. One side of his upper body was covered in dense black script, the other side pooling with bright red blood.

y/n did what she asked. "Alright. We're gonna get out of here. Can you stand?"

He nodded, gritted his teeth and used the thick hide of the rancor as a support as he staggered upright.

"Yeah, that's right, just focus on me," Ahsoka whispered as she gently helped him up. It wasn't as bad as he thought; keeping eye contact with her was all he needed to avert his mind from the pain.

From behind Ahsoka there was the sound of multiple sets of boots hitting the sand. The slavers had leapt down from the balcony using grappling hooks or rappelling rope, and were charging towards them.

y/n took his lightsaber from her, hearing the familiar sound as the blades ignited. A volley of shots hurled towards them, and the two fought to defend themselves.

"Can we jump onto the balcony and take the high ground?" y/n suggested, then erupted into a bout of coughing, though his lightsaber remained moving. It drew afterimages in the air, helping to hide their position so that most of the shots missed.

"Not in your state!" Ahsoka called back. "Can you control the rancors?"

Maybe they could use the creatures to muscle their way out of there. She stopped her train of thought, glanced around the arena, confused. There was the one rancor they were holed up against, another one which the slavers were hiding behind, avoiding the rebounding blaster bolts. Where was the third one, the untamed rancor that she had thrown against the arena wall?