Chapter 18

Do you think these chappies are too short, too long or just right or do you not mind? Also one or two more parts before the Ryloth arc ends.

The days sped past and in the blink of an eye the Jedi had been stationed in Ryloth for a week.

They had successfully sent supplies to the designated drop off points and established their base in the mineral mining town of Kalahu, which y/n had pointed out. 

The mission was going well; the deliveries had been received, Kalahu was back to its former prosperity after being rebuilt, now helping with transporting supplies too more rural communities, the Republican control had restored order, and most of the Twi'leks were happy. 

Fortunately, the previously buzz droid infested shuttles had been repaired so neither Anakin nor y/n had challenged each other at crate lifting.

But battle droids still populated Ryloth. y/n and Ahsoka constantly found themselves battling entire squadrons, left over from the Separatist blockade.

"On your left!" the Togruta said before deflecting a blaster bolt, which hit a droid square in the face.

"Thanks Stripey," y/n grinned and swept his red blade in that direction, severing three of the machines in half at once. He ducked under a stray blaster bolt – which hit another droid instead – before flipping over a few confused droids, cutting them down in mid-air.

A sudden shot flew through the small battle and hit y/n's lightsaber. He dropped it with a yelp, shaking his hand.

"Hey! What was that for?!" he grumbled at Ahsoka. The Togruta had purposefully deflected a blaster bolt and sent it his way.

"Come on, I thought you were quicker than that," she smirked.

The two had formed a close bond and had rekindled the friendship they had as younglings. That meant constant teasing, challenges, jokes, pranks and small arguments. Fighting together had shown them each other's strengths and weaknesses; now in combat they tended to fight back-to-back, sometimes striking or advancing forwards and then quickly stepping back to protect each other's flanks.

Spotting a blaster lying on the sandy ground, y/n quickly rolled through a droid's legs and grabbed the discarded weapon, standing up and firing a shot at the machine's chest. It crumpled.

Grinning, y/n began shooting at the other Separatists, making quick work of them. Their odd firing sounds seemed foreign compared to the familiar hum of his double-bladed lightsaber.

"'Soka!" he shouted, turning towards her and pressing the trigger a few times. Thanks to their understanding and time fighting together, she understood what he was doing and blocked the blaster bolts, sending them flying towards five of the remaining droids.

The Togruta used the Force to pick up y/n's dropped lightsaber and ignited it, throwing it like a javelin at the last one without even looking at her target.

"Show off," y/n snorted. He looked at his blaster. "I see why clones and Seppies like to use these. But they're terrible compared to the Balancer." He shrugged and dropped it on the ground, using the Force to summon his lightsaber. "Thanks for retrieving it for me," he added sarcastically.

Ahsoka rolled her eyes and walked over towards him, kicking a droid aside as she did so.

"Time to head back to Kalahu, I think. Let's see how the troopers and our Masters are doing, packing up." She sighed and placed her hands on her hips, surveying the landscape and looking at the large village in the distance. "You know, I kinda like this place now that we have to go. I'll miss the local kids especially."