Before-20

Meanwhile, in the arena, several squads of orange-painted B1 battle droids and a few B2 super battle droids appeared from each of the arena's multiple entrances, jogging out in neat, perfectly programmed units.

Almost all the Geonosians in the stands who had been enjoying the fight earlier, fled. Their little insect-like wings beat out a chorus of flaps. Panicking Geonosians screeched and shoved their way out as they flew up and out of the arena. From above, they seemed like a crazed swarm of black moths flying this way and that.

Anakin yanked the makeshift reins of the reek and the creature stampeded forward, flattening a few of the destroyers and scattering the rest.

An assembled coalition of Jedi rose to meet the droid army, lightsabers held high like dozens of fluorescent banners.

The droid squadrons sent a huge surge of blaster bolts.

The Jedi answered by deflecting the shots, most of them ricocheting and hitting a droid instead.

As the two groups collided, the droids were effortlessly cut down by the lightsabers, their severed parts clattering onto the sandy red ground.

Two of the Jedi noticed Anakin's movement, and swiftly threw him and his master a lightsaber.

Obi-Wan activated the donated lightsaber, as did Anakin. The latter cut through his companion's bonds.

One of the braver Geonosians who had stayed, fired a canon of sickly green energy at a cluster of Jedi. The shot scattered and killed multiple people, both Knights and droids alike.

However, the blast also hit one of the pillars that had been used in the arena. The tall stone tower was blasted into chunks and fell to the ground.

The dust and wind stirred up by the great collapse of the pillar knocked aside many battling Jedi and droids. Anakin, Obi-Wan and Padmé were close enough to the event that the reek was effortlessly tossed aside by the wind, throwing its riders onto the hard ground. Shaking its head and bellowing, the reek trotted off into the midst of the battle.

Padmé grasped her stolen Geonosian blaster and jumped to her feet, immediately starting to fire at the nearest droids. Obi-Wan and his Padawan deflected every possible blaster bolt, reflecting them so they hit another droid, and cutting down the machines stupid enough to walk near them.

One of Padmé's bullseye shots hit one of the two Geonosians who had been driving a chariot through the arena.

Anakin turned to see her climb aboard the creature who had been pulling the transport. Luckily, the last remaining Geonosian in the chariot flew away and fled after having witnessed their partner's death.

The young Jedi dashed towards the chariot, and with a mighty leap, landed on the chariot's front and climbed inside.

All around the arena, the Jedi seemed to be having the upper hand.

Droids were being severed this way and that, most shots being deflected back at the shooters. The Jedi, despite their numbers, had much more skill and teamwork, and were making short work of the Separatist army.

The Jedi's lightsabers were vibrant ribbons of silk, spinning and slashing rapidly through the air, dismembering droids with deadly accuracy.

Boba Fett watched, nervous and tense, as the battle unfolded from his position on the balcony. He was hiding in the tunnel, but from this perspective, there was still a good view of the arena below him.

Mace Windu was deflecting blaster bolts everywhere. Spotting Obi-Wan, he leapt high into the air and over a droid, flipped, tucking his body into a ball, and landed. The confused battle droid turned around awkwardly and fired a shot, only to have it ricocheted and imbedded in its metallic chest.

The bald Jedi stood back-to-back with the auburn-haired Obi-Wan. The two blocked shots and deflected them with concentration, yet ease.