Before-25

Obi-Wan was still engaging Dooku. After a short session of strikes, the men's lightsabers clashed together again. The younger man gritted his teeth, using all his power to push against the red lightsaber. But with Dooku pushing downward, it was hard to gain any ground.

The Sith willingly loosened his lightsaber, so that Obi-Wan could push more easily against his weapon. As the latter brought his lightsaber in an arc, pressing his blue blade against the red one, Obi-Wan unknowingly exposed his right flank.

Dooku suddenly struck out at Obi-Wan, slicing his arm. The Jedi screamed and let down his guard, lowering his lightsaber. The dark lord cut at his leg this time, and the younger man fell to the ground, his wounds sizzling and smoking, a hand pressing against his wounded leg.

The Sith lord raised his lightsaber, preparing to end Obi-Wan.

Anakin leapt forward with a shout, weapon ignited, and blocked Dooku's slice just in time. His hand buckled with the pressure of holding up against the Count. Obi-Wan looked up, surprised.

"Brave of you, boy," Dooku chuckled. "But I would have thought you had learned your lesson."

Beneath their lightsabers, Obi-Wan weakly used the Force to try and pull his lightsaber towards himself.

"I am a slow learner," the Padawan replied, glaring at the man.

"Anakin!" Obi-Wan shouted, and threw his lightsaber to his apprentice. The Jedi caught it mid-air, and a green blade appeared in his hand in addition to his current blue weapon.

Anakin and Dooku began fighting.

Their colourful blades spun, twirling and smashing against each other. Anakin used both lightsabers to block Dooku's cuts and dodged the rest. The Sith easily obstructed the boy's strikes too.

Unfortunately, Anakin was no match for the skillful Dooku. The latter cut the green lightsaber in half, and the Padawan had to resort to only using the blue blade.

Anakin walked backwards cautiously, spinning his lightsaber and slicing a power cord. The lights flickered momentarily before all power went out and the illumination broke. Now, the only thing visible through the darkness was the glow of the two blades.

They continued dueling. Raise above head, strike up left right left right, step forward, spin, block, spin, retreat, hit up, hit down, strike up, dodge, twirl, sweep, above head, strike block strike block, sidestep, fake, strike, hit-

The Padawan was fighting well. Dooku could feel himself being pressured by this young Jedi. But then their lightsabers met unexpectedly. Anakin hesitated for less than a second, but that was all Dooku needed.

Anakin's bisected hand rolled onto the floor. A strangled stream arose from the young man's throat. Dooku Force-pushed him away, where he skidded across the floor and stopped beside his injured Master. Anakin, minus his hand, passed out.

Dooku looked down at the defeated Jedi, breathing heavily, and extinguished his lightsaber. He turned suddenly, sensing another being approaching from the doorway. The towering shadow of a figure appeared from the doorway.

Instead, it was a small, wrinkled green creature with a cane that appeared, grunting. The figure stopped.

"Master Yoda," Count Dooku said.

"Count Dooku," the Grandmaster acknowledged, resting on his cane relaxingly and unconcerned.

"You have interfered with our affairs for the last time," the Sith hissed. Dooku used the Force to rip a rocket from the wall and sent it flying at the ancient Jedi.

Master Yoda easily took control of the object and threw it to the side.

The dark lord did the same, but this time with a larger object. Master Yoda reacted the same way as he did before.

This time, Master Yoda let go of his cane and stepped into a battle stance. Dooku raised his hands, this time channeling the Force into the ceiling. The rocky roof shook and large pieces of the granite fell, threatening to crush the Grandmaster. Yoda once again stopped the chunks from tumbling onto him and simply threw them to the side with the Force.

"Powerful you have become, Dooku," Master Yoda said. "The Dark Side I sense in you."

"I've become more powerful than any Jedi," Dooku told him. "Even you." With that, he sent a wave of Force Lightning at Master Yoda, but his old master stuck out a hand and absorbed the blue electricity before sending it back at the Sith lord.

Dooku did not expect this. He barely had time to register the energy coming at him and could only block the lightning, reflecting it onto the ceiling instead. The two began exchanging bouts of electricity.

Dooku realised that this was pointless and withdrew from trying to electrocute his former master.

"Much to learn you still have," Yoda commented, absorbing the last burst of the Sith's energy.

"It is obvious that this contest cannot be decided by our knowledge of the Force but by our skills with a lightsaber." Upon stating this, he whipped out his red blade and spun it in front of himself. Master Yoda, too, retrieved his lightsaber.

Dooku leapt high into the air and spun, whilst Yoda did the same. The two's lightsabers met in a flurry of strikes. Yoda fought with much more speed than Obi-Wan and Anakin had, and twirled, leapt and spun with skill. Dooku was not deterred; he was skillful too, pivoting and looking for weaknesses in the Jedi's defense and attack, but finding none.

Despite Yoda's old age, he was surprisingly agile and swift. He dodged Dooku's stabs with ease, spinning through the air, flipping over his lightsaber, jumping off from the walls, leaping over Dooku, scurrying around the room. His fighting was most impressive, Yoda's body was nothing but a blur accompanied by a luminescent shine of his green lightsaber. He was nothing like the slow, delicate and ancient being that shuffled around the Jedi Temple.

"Fought well you have, my old Padawan," Yoda grunted as their blades met and held.

"This is just the beginning," Dooku answered, enjoying his power. With one hand he maintained his lightsaber against Yoda's whilst using the other, he used the Force to rip a large container previously attached the floor.

The container was directly above the helpless Obi-Wan and Anakin.

Seeing what Dooku was planning to do, Yoda broke away from his former apprentice and rushed to stop the object from falling onto his friends. Meanwhile, the evil Sith lord scampered away and rushed up the boarding ramp of the ship.

Yoda dropped his lightsaber. He raised his small, wrinkled green hands and concentrated with all his might, determined to stop the weight from collapsing and crushing the Jedi.

Dooku paused at the entrance to the ship and saw that Yoda was holding the container through the Force. It was lying horizontally only a few centimetres above the fallen Jedi. He grinned evilly and disappeared into the shuttle.

Slowly, Yoda lifted the container away from his friends and threw it to the side, exhaling in relief.

Outside, Padmé and a group of reinforcements arrived. Seeing Dooku's shuttle take off, they all began firing at the vessel, but they were all either misses or not strong enough to damage the vehicle. A few minutes later, Dooku was in space.

Padmé rushed into the room, just in time to see an injured Obi-Wan helping an armless Anakin to his feet.