💫 Mother inlaw💫 Edited

Nigeria
2019
____________

The smile on mermah face said it all, how happy and contented she was.

"I love you and always feel sad about the way my mother, treated you seriously I feel so guilty and responsible for everything" Ahmed confessed feeling his heart heavy.

He always doesn't like the way his mother treats the love of his life, and one thing was he doesn't understand why all those was happening to him.

His brother Omar was married to a girl who owns a name in the whole of the town but she never passed a rude comment or give her a bad eye.

"Babbyyyyy we talk over this so many times, seriously I understand she doesn't like me but believe strongly she will learn to like me with Time" mermah smiled deeply at him she was just trying to make him worry less about her failed relationship with his mom.

Was it even a failed one much like a dislike relationship, "babes I Know my Mom so well she hardly change her mind and is so strong headed on what she made up her mind with" Ahmed looked at his wife to be in months time.

He couldn't still believe how fast time runs, how everything seems to be moving like flash.

"Well then let's pray for the best and hope she does" mermah said with a sad smile.

Knowing he was right his mother was never going to like her, but then it's okay and the fact was okay to her after all she married to him her husband only and not his mother.

Mermah went back home with her mind filled on her she was going to cop all her life leaving with a mother-in-law who doesn't even like the idea of her been her husband wife.

Leaving all her life seeing how her mother suffered in the hands of her fathers mother, Mermah doesn't want to have those type of relationship with her mother in-law she wanted something beautiful and not a sore relationship but from all indications a sore relationship was already building because the First Lady of Kano who was Ahmed mother doesn't want a rich and influential wife for her son, she believed he won't be able to control the wife instead it will be the wife controlling the husband.

Mermah promised herself to improve her sore relationship with her mother in-law she will try been those dutifully wife even if it meant working from home.

Iklil my best and only sister I never had from another mother before finding my family was honking really loud at the far before the gate man opened the gate for her she drove in high speed into the lots as I watch out through my window the girl and her pregnant hormones I mumbled to myself as I slumped on the bed.

She requested to come see my new family but her husband bluntly rejected saying it wont be good for her health to fly which I don't even know if it's true or not all I knew was she was pregnant but not that heavily that will stop her from flying.

The knock on my door was sharp and the door broke ajar even before I let the person in by saying yes, I knew only one person could do that which was iklil the woman pushed atop me in what seemed to be a hug but she was suffocating me her weight i can't even remember when she got this fat.

"Get off me iklil"

I said in between hard breaths earning a naughty chuckle from her the girl is pure evil I tot rolling my eyes heaven way.

"I heard you got engaged"

Well I couldn't pinpoint if it was a question or a statement from her.

"Lord help my friend out"

Stretching my hands heaven wards with my eyes looking the same way like one who was actually saying a prayer, I was indeed my friend needed that prayer so much.

"You're over dramatic as always"

She said getting up the bed as she walked round the room as though looking for some lost item even she can't remember.

"I can't believe you are finally getting hitched"

From her voice I could trace she wanted getting all emotional not again, you all won't want to be with an emotional iklil any type but not the emotional one.

"Common let's go say hi to ummi"

I pulled her along with as we made her way to ummi's room.

...

Edited
Vote
Common
Share

Ongoing edition
All right reserved
Aleeyu zaynab
31-7-2021